Supperfan1488303077

How can you tell if someone is male or female?

Gender shouldn't matter when it comes to an avatar I feel unless a relationship begins to develop; if you are a girl in a guy avatar I would hope that you would be up-front honest. Hell, I just recently found out one of my friends is a guy and while it was a bit of a shock at first, I don't care because to me they're still "ayyy girlfriend what's up? omg, that dress looks great on you!"

Just an observation....

Now that we live in a RL world where “gender” is more a matter of Identity and not Plumbing and people are less-and-less trusting of one another, at some point, some poor well-meaning New Resident is going to ask someone;

New Resident: “LOLZ, R U a girl n RL?”

...and get a response along the lines of....

Female avatar: “OMG, WHAT KIND OF STALKER ARE YOU???? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO KNOW THAT UNLESS YOU WERE PLANNING SOMETHING BAD IN RL? AR, AR, AR, MUTE, MUTE, MUTE”

Actually, that “point” was probably last Tuesday......

Its a good time in SL to be long-time Partnered :-). You single-and-looking types have my sincere sympathy, its tough out there on the grid ..........

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

Just an observation....

Now that we live in a RL world where “gender” is more a matter of Identity and not Plumbing and people are less-and-less trusting of one another, at some point, some poor well-meaning New Resident is going to ask someone;

New Resident: “LOLZ, R U a girl n RL?”

...and get a response along the lines of....

Female avatar: “OMG, WHAT KIND OF STALKER ARE YOU???? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO KNOW THAT UNLESS YOU WERE PLANNING SOMETHING BAD IN RL? AR, AR, AR, MUTE, MUTE, MUTE”

Actually, that “point” was probably last Tuesday......

Its a good time in SL to be long-time Partnered :-). You single-and-looking types have my sincere sympathy, its tough out there on the grid ..........

giphy.gif

The correct answer is always "yes I am"

On 6/11/2018 at 9:46 PM, Laoise Rumsford said:

Gender shouldn't matter when it comes to an avatar I feel unless a relationship begins to develop; if you are a girl in a guy avatar I would hope that you would be up-front honest. Hell, I just recently found out one of my friends is a guy and while it was a bit of a shock at first, I don't care because to me they're still "ayyy girlfriend what's up? omg, that dress looks great on you!"

Unless you planned on meeting in rl, why should it ever matter?

• Like 3

It's been my experience in SL that some guys are so overcome with guilt by "deceiving" people by playing a girl, that they "out" themselves in their profile and destroy their second life forever.

*shrugs, whatever*

Well, unless you got keen perception and spot a major flaw in the narrative, you kinda screwed. But like many tell you, you shouldn't care and take that person as she present herself, a role is a role. If you care about it, its probably because you into RP for free sex. You want it cheap, so you get what you pay for. You don't pay, you can't ask for proof, unless you playing with a group that has a ISO kind of certification for it, like those funny "Voice verified checked box" we see more and more.

As i saw a guy answer about a post like this, a couple of years ago, men do better women in SL than real women. Dunno if i  agree but i found the answer kinda interesting and worthy of investigation. But true or not, always keep your hands on your keyboard and you should have a great time.

Supperfan, Darling, I never call anyone a mate.  Being glamourous and having such ladylike deportment can cause confusion among the male population but I tend to only use the word as a verb.  You know, as in, you wanna?  Besides, apart from my rather forceful personality, what would give me away as being male?  Certainly not my makeup or hair.  And I do cinch my waist to within an inch of my life so my figure kicks azz.  Just ask a girl if you have doubts.

SayWhat.jpg

On 7/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, WilJacobson said:

but I tend to only use the word as a verb.  You know, as in, you wanna?

"You wanna go, mate?" Just got a whole new meaning..

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

"You wanna go, mate?" Just got a whole new meaning..

"You wanna go, mate?" and "You wanna go mate?" carry very different connotations. Hence, even if you're not very good with grammar, knowing when and where to use a comma can make a world of difference! Bahahahaha

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2018 at 8:25 AM, JJack Montreal said:

As i saw a guy answer about a post like this, a couple of years ago, men do better women in SL than real women. Dunno if i  agree but i found the answer kinda interesting and worthy of investigation.

in a narrow sense this can be true

narrow meaning that a man can thru their avatar express everything they desire in their idealisation of their perfect woman. A female version of themselves in a sense. When they do this then it can attract other men who desire the same attributes in a companion

it works also for women who similarly in the same sense create an idealised male version of themselves. That can appeal to other women also   

its easy my  scientist buddy  came up with a series of questions to tell if they are male or female and while they are busy doin the questions my buddy tracks em thru means an goes to where they live n looks thru the wondow n sees

I could never get my head around the logic of creating a virtual waifu, then looking for someone with a similar waifu for the lesbians .. and then being upset that the other person is so much alike, right down to being a straight guy.

10 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I could never get my head around the logic of creating a virtual waifu, then looking for someone with a similar waifu for the lesbians .. and then being upset that the other person is so much alike, right down to being a straight guy.

It's more common than you think and some guys won't even care knowing that the person behind the avatar is another dude. (I'm not saying they should, either.)

15 years of a virtual universe and people still haven’t wrapped their heads around the idea that the person (or thing) on the screen might not be anything like the person in real life.

Just now, chaosninja7 said:

The term "Mate" is not a gender thing. It's a British thing. Or anyone who uses/speaks "Royal English".

I’ve had some call me “Mate” as they weren’t comfortable calling me “Love”.

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

As a Brit, I have to say that while it's used, 'mate' is more of an Ozzy staple.

As a Brit,  its a scouse staple too :)

29 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

As a Brit,  its a scouse staple too :)

As a manc, I'm honor bound to spend my entire life avoiding Liverpool.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Liverpool

Just the name sounds like it's worth avoiding.  Is this a city or a transplant list? :D

(JUST KIDDING!!!)

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The name literally translated does mean something like "muddy ditch" ... lalala :D

True that, though these days that muddy pool is a World Heritage Site 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That just means it wont be getting anymore updates or new content, in a few decades will probably get smushed by a meteorite to dramatically advance the plot.

• Haha 2