Sign in to follow this  
Josie Ryder

A different spin on an RP "Family"

I'm thinking about instigating some RP for a "family" of sorts, where all the members are random people placed together by Witness Protection and not actually related.  They have a good reason to Play Normal (they've all probably got shady backgrounds), so you get the faux family interactions witht the overarching situation that their backgrounds are decidedly "different". ((Yes, I know RL WitPro does not work that way; this is fantasy))

I was thinking two "parents" (maybe a straight couple, maybe not) and a few late-teens kids and maybe a "grandparent" or "Aunt/Uncle"...none of which are actually related.  There would probably be a cop in the picture too, to supervise the Witness protection aspects and make their lives more interesting.

I was thinking about trying to set this up within the larger environment of one of SL's major RP sims - so the "Top Cop" and sim management in that sim would need to buy-off on this. They would RP within the sim as a whole, but also have the "family" RP as an ongoing story-arc.

Does this sound at all interesting to anyone?

References: "We're the Millers" & "My Blue Heaven"

Interesting! I don't normally like family RP because it seems ...fake...but with this reason behind it, it brings an interesting twist to it! I'm up to helping out, send me a PM!

I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately, me and some friends tried to play a less-traditional family in a couple of residential RP sims, and even when we talked with admins ahead, other people totally didn't get it. We just got pestered with a bunch of OOC questions instead of RP. I think if you found the right sim for that, it could work really well.

That sounds like a really interesting idea. Unfortunately (for me), I can never make the time for as much roleplay as I would like.

As far as the many OOC questions another person mentioned, maybe making up a note card ahead of time to pass out when running into others. Hopefully it will help answer questions and allow othersufficient to join your roleplay as you go.

This definitely sounds like something I could get behind.  I'm ready and willing to be cast or make up my own backstory.  

I'm also about to have a little more time available than I've had the last few months (yay for more second life).   

IM me in world if you want!