New DJ Here <3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an hour left in my set, but if you want to tune in, or join us at The Shark Tank in Cherry Bay, then please do so and give me some constructive criticism <3 I play mostly electronic music, with some 'modern' music mixed in. I'll most likely keep playing for the hell of it lol :) But, we shall seeeeee.    SET OVER  :)

Here is the link to the stream: http://208.93.233.52:8126

And the ip: 208.93.233.52

And, my name is Eruviel Resident, so IM for the LM if you want it ^_^

• Like 1

Welcome to the new SL forum!  I have been listening to your stream for about 15 minutes.  While not my brand of electronica music, the selection flows nicely.  I DJ at a club, too, where voice on mic is required.  I have not yet heard you voice on mic.  I know this is not always required for the type of music that you are playing now..was just wondering if you do.

Thank you for inviting us to listen.

• Like 1

As for DJing with a mic, Personally I like where the DJ doesnt talk and fill up the stream with cluttered sound that isnt the music, So a nice 15 or 20 min interval, And say the song you did prior and then 3 or 4 songs upcoming. Most SL DJ's talk every song or every other song it gets quite fustrating to hear voices over favorite songs.... Just a helpful hint for when you do use your mic more.

Cheers,

KZ

• Like 1

kryptic Zarco wrote:

As for DJing with a mic, Personally I like where the DJ doesnt talk and fill up the stream with cluttered sound that isnt the music, So a nice 15 or 20 min interval, And say the song you did prior and then 3 or 4 songs upcoming. Most SL DJ's talk every song or every other song it gets quite fustrating to hear voices over favorite songs.... Just a helpful hint for when you do use your mic more.

Cheers,

KZ

for house techno and other electronic music I prefer that the DJ focusses on DJ'ing and not disturbing my state of trance by telling his life stories or which tracks he plays. But I have no problems when a DJ talks in an 80's party. Think that overall DJ voicing depends on the music genre *meows*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.