Sl bogs down every 25 minutes or so for 3 minutes roughly, CPU usage doubles,

Isabelle Isodo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past week or so, SL bogs down on where I can't type or walk and animations become very jerky, sound is not effected at all, This occurs roughly every 25 minutes, for 3 minutes.  During this time, task manager shows only SL running but the CPU usage is double what it normally is when Sl is running well.  The network tab shows no changes at all. So,  it is not my internet connection.  I have tried everything from doing a system recovery, to defragging, to disk clean up, to running a virus scan.  Sl was running great before this started happening. My computer is about 12 months old.  I would appreciate any help or advice.

4 answers to this question

Have you changed viewers lately?  Could it be the sim(s) in which you are at the time of the slowdown?  Not all servers are alike.  Do you have your Statistics box (CTL-Shift-1) open and can you see if there is a change in FPS, ping, or packet loss?

If this is quite regular, it could be a memory issue as noted earlier.  It could also be some background program running such as a program checking for updates (security software updaters do this), email checkers, or instant messaging.  It could also be the sim you are in.........which makes me ask, does it only happen when you are in a particular place in SL or everywhere?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.