Sign in to follow this  
ChuckBaggett1488303079

Starting a thread that says hello might be a way to make some friends

ChuckBaggett wrote:

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that a person could make friends by starting a thread that says hello.

Hello. :smileyhappy:

Hello back:smileywink:

Nice to see so many rapid responses, and not a threat of bodily harm in the bunch.

How are people liking this new Lithium powered system so far? What's the battery life?

I think there needs to be a "Reply to the original post" button at the bottom, doesn't there? I didn't see one at the Lithium company forum.

My next goal is to figure out how to get a custom forum avatar. I'm wondering if this is one of the privileges that higher ranking people get. I have a lot of time in the forums but not under this real name account.

ChuckBaggett wrote:

I think there needs to be a "Reply to the original post" button at the bottom, doesn't there? I didn't see one at the Lithium company forum.

Hi Chuck!

There is a Reply button at the top of the thread above the first post that I think serves as reply to original post. I think it would make more sense for it to be at the bottom, since most people read the thread before they reply to it. It's counter-intuitive to have to scroll back up, but at least it's there.

Mewow

(Thats what 'hello' sounds like with a mouth full of cheese ... What?! ... Oh come on! ... You know you've missed me!)

:inset sadly missing evil devil smiley here!:

Aha, I'm testing that Reply button at the top now and you're right, it looks like you're actually replying to the last reply, not to the OP. Strange.

First: Hello Chuck. And Hello to all of you that I have yet to get to know, and Hello again to all of you I already know (including three of you by current count that are actually the same person). I'm glad to see her, too.

:smileyvery-happy:

Second, regarding Reply. I used the Reply button inside Chucks OP, and looking below me it does say I'm replying to that post.

So I've revised a bit. I like the "Preview" feature so you can see what the emoticons are doing. Was that on the old Forum too?

But clearly what I need is the Edit button; haven't seen that. I can see the emoticons are going to work differently and I don't recall putting the extra LF in there. And I left off the close parentheses. Other than that it was great. Three lines and I only screwed up two of them!

ETA: Found the Edit feature under Options on the upper right. Takes a bit of mouse control to get there but it works.