Limit to item in your store?

Agrona Longfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm hoping my problem is just lag but I was wondering if there is a limit to how many items you can put into your magic box?  I have 107 so far and am trying to load a new item I created but it doesn't the page doesn't seem to want to sync with the box.  The items are in my Magic box but not showing up on my inventory page??

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Agrona L.

Personally I find the optimal amount to be about 50 to 60 items per MB. When doing tests on this last year I was finding that boxes with more than 60 items were more prone to failed deliveries. The more items in a MB, the more likely it is to fail. If you really want to have 100 plus items in a an MB then I suggest keep duplicate copies of the MB in other regions. This will help reduce the number of failed deliveries.

You would need to have rez rights on a parcel in another region for this to work. So you could buy or rent another bit of land in another sim, or ask a friend to host some back up boxes for you, or there are businesses out there that specifically rent prims for you to host your boxes. 

This is good for a few reasons. If your region is down for whatever reason it means you MB is offline and won't deliver items. WIth back-up boxes in place then SLM will cycle through until it finds a box it can deliver from. If your region is online but experiencing server lag then that may also cause you delivery issues, especially if you have 100 plus items in your MB.

What I do is have a triple MB setup. So 3 copies of the same magic boxes in 3 different sims. 1 set of boxes on my main parcel and the other 2 sets are hosted on friends parcel. In return I host each of their back up boxes. WIth 50 items in each MB I very rarely get failed deliveries.

Ok good idea!

Now another question would be, does it work if I have multiple boxes with 50 or so DIFFERENT items in them?  Will they deliver from the same marketplace page? 

Sorry if these are dumb quiestion but I didn't know there was a "limit" when I see market shops with many more items than I have.

eta: Basically I want more items in my store but am not sure how to go about doing that, since one box will not do the whole job.

Agrona Longfall wrote:

Ok good idea!

Now another question would be, does it work if I have multiple boxes with 50 or so DIFFERENT items in them?  Will they deliver from the same marketplace page? 

Sorry if these are dumb quiestion but I didn't know there was a "limit" when I see market shops with many more items than I have.

If I understand the question correctly then yes. I have about 700 items listed under this avatar so I have a stack of 14 boxes rezzed with 50 items in each.

This also help me keep things organised as I can have trees in one box, plants in another etc etc.

And I have that stack of 14 boxes duplicated 3 times. Is important to remember to update all your backup boxes when you add new items....I always forget to do that :)

I'm now thinking it's lag.

I now have 3 boxes because I'm going to follow the advice of not bogging down one poor little box with so many items.

I moved my new items and some old ones into a new box and synced all the boxes but the new items are still not showing up?

Could I be right that it's lag?

Basic Rules of Thumb for Magic Boxes:

1. Keep the total number of items in any one Magic Box fairly low. The reasonable maximum is 100, but even less is recommended. If your items have high delivery rates (like Freebies or popular items) then even lower is recommended.
  2. Rez multiple boxes to handle extra items that won't fit in a single Magic Box. You can rez as many Magic Boxes as you need to hold all your items.
  3. Rez Duplicates of your Magic Boxes on other Sims. This helps prevent delivery failures when one Sim is offline of experiencing problems.
  4. Triple or Quadruple Magic Boxes that hold your High Delivery Rate items. It is best to put very popular items into their own Magic Box and then make multiple copies of that box.
When you get all done spreading your items out across multiple Magic Boxes on multiple Sims, make sure you use the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button on the Inventory > Manage Inventory page under the Merchant's Control Panel in Marketplace. Click the button, wait a few minutes, then refresh the page again to ensure all boxes have "checked in" and are operating properly.
Remember: You CAN have more than one Magic Box. In fact, it's BEST to have more than one.

Agrona Longfall wrote:

Is it possible that there is a limit of 107 items in your market place?? 

No, there are many people with way more than that. Did you remember to click the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button on the Manage Inventory page? If so (and even if you try it again just for S&G's and then it still won't updated after a few minutes) then "Take" the new boxes back into Inventory, count to 10 and rez them out again. Wait for them to do their color changing thing first, then once they return to their normal whitish color do the Sync, Wait, Refesh procedure again.

You may also want to totally close your browser (all windows and tabs) just in case it's keeping a cached copy of something too.

Agrona Longfall wrote:

I've done everything you suggested and still nothing but I've also noticed that some items in my inventory, specifically belly chains and piercings, are not rezzing at all.  I wonder if it's an SL problem. My items still aren't loading for me.

Time to reboot. Like the old Tech Support Truism ... "If at first you don't succeed, Ctrl+Alt+Delete"

Agrona Longfall wrote:

Do you mean take it all out and put it all back in again?  I'm not exactly computer savvy, so I want to be sure I know what you mean, LMAO

Sorry, no. Often when SL is misbehaving like that, it's because of problems on your computer that can be cured by restarting it. Exit all programs (including the SL Viewer you are using) and then restart your computer. Once your computer boots up again and is ready to go, log into the SL Viewer without starting any other programs and then check the Inventory of each Magic Box .. just to make sure the contents are listed as you expect them to be.

If everything checks out there then open the SL Marketplace website, log in and do the "Sync Magic Boxes with Marketplace" step again. (If you're a smoker, this would be a good time to light one up.) After a few minutes, close the Marketplace website, count to 10 then open it and log in again. Check your Inventory list.

If none of these steps gets you there, you might want to ask your Sim Owner (Landlord or whatever) if there are any problems with the Sim.

As a last resort, get a brand new Magic Box from the Marketplace, rez it out and put your objects into it in addition to the other boxes you already have.

I'll give that a shot!

ETA:  Changing the name didn't work. 

ETA:  I have also separated my stock into 3 different boxes and still nothing .....

ETA (again):  I've also tried taking them to another sim and they still don't work.  Is there anyone who has any idea what's going on at all, please!!

ETA:  Me again!!  Could this have to do with the fact that my boxes are listed in my inventory as No Transfer??  They shouldn't be, but they are.  When I put them on the ground they are Transfer but when taken back to my inventory, they are not.

It's kind of irrelivant what perms your box has. Its the perms of the content within the box that matters. Even so, permissions wont stop the items from showing up in your inv on SLM. 

If I was in your position right now I would literally start again. Delete all my magic boxes, get a fresh MB  from SLM and put 1 item in it and sync to the marketplace as a test. The problems you are having are not normal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.