Is the Avatar forum going to be the new GD?

Suspiria1488303077

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the absence of a place to just chew the fat, the fat is gonna get chewed everywhere in every sub forum scatter gun, it degrades the value of the sub forums as they end up full of junk threads, moderator thread moving / deleting drama a plenty and a whole mess of in fighting in sub forums that previosly were actually very much on topic and very much useful.

As I posted in the 'other like thread' but will post again here to up my count, I tink the 'new' GD is the Second Life forum and the topics under it.  Post in any topic you think 'fits' best your OP and go with it there.  Sheesh, it's Day 1...can't y'all just have a bit of relaxing fun figuring it out first?

Oh, BTW, I got my photo to insert.

venus on tempura island_003.png

Actually, upon retrospection, (all of 10 minutes) I think that the new GD should root itself in the Entertainment category for the vast majority of postings.  Of course, only those topics that are truly entertainment.  The jousting can take place in Role Playing.

Venus Petrov wrote:

As I posted in the 'other like thread' but will post again here to up my count, I tink the 'new' GD is the Second Life forum and the topics under it.  Post in any topic you think 'fits' best your OP and go with it there.  Sheesh, it's Day 1...can't y'all just have a bit of relaxing fun figuring it out first?

This link lets you see all threads within the Second Life forum and its subtopics. It might be what I use to replace my old GD link.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/secondlife_forum/post-type/thread

ETA: but it looks like it sorts threads by when the thread was started, not by most recent post. Anyone know how to change that?

Looks like there isn't going to be a GD forum: :manmad:

by Community ManagerAmanda Linden on 03-02-2011 01:41 PM

Hey all, I wanted to address the "General Discussion" Forum question that has come up. Our goal with the Forums is to keep them as focused and constructive as possible. Although General Discussion no longer exists, we're always happy to create new Forums when the need comes up. That's where the Forum Feedback section is critical. We'll be watching it closely and adding new topic-specific Forums over time.

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

01:41 PM

Hey all, I wanted to address the "General Discussion" Forum question that has come up. Our goal with the Forums is to keep them as focused and constructive as possible. Although General Discussion no longer exists, we're always happy to create new Forums when the need comes up. That's where the Forum Feedback section is critical. We'll be watching it closely and adding new topic-specific Forums over time.

*****Last Saturday I met a very nice girl in SL but I am a bit concerned that she called me Mate at one point which makes me a bit worried that she might actually be a bloke. I haven't been able to find a suitable subforum where I could ask whether you can find out if someone is really a girl or who you should tell if you think someone is lying about their sex. It would be more useful if there was a subforum for Relationships or Sex here not one about General Discussions.

Tonight I had the chicken korma that has been in the slow cooker since this morning since I didn;t want to waste any time cooking when Villa are on the tele. I;ll put a couple of keema nans in the toaster to have with it.

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

*****Last Saturday I met a very nice girl in SL but I am a bit concerned that she called me Mate at one point which makes me a bit worried that she might actually be a bloke. I haven't been able to find a suitable subforum where I could ask whether you can find out if someone is really a girl or who you should tell if you think someone is lying about their sex. It would be more useful if there was a subforum for Relationships or Sex here not one about General Discussions.

Tonight I had the chicken korma that has been in the slow cooker since this morning since I didn;t want to waste any time cooking when Villa are on the tele. I;ll put a couple of keema nans in the toaster to have with it.

[:smileywink:] :smileysurprised:

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

Sorry to dissapoint, yes she is a "blocke" and you now are in love with a dude. 

P.S. Its ok though! some dudes make really hawt looking chicks! have you seen Torley!?...move over Daria!  

George Orellana wrote:

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

P.S. Its ok though! some dudes make really hawt looking chicks! have you seen Torley!?...move over Daria!  

What's a "blocke"?

I;m not in love with anyone. I just don;t want to have cybersex with another guy. Ewwww!

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

What's a "blocke"?

I;m not in love with anyone. I just don;t want to have cybersex with another guy. Ewwww!

Sorry I meant "bloke". Sorry to dissapoint again but if you are doing the nasties in SL chances are you have already e-sexed plenty of dudes. 

George Orellana wrote:

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

Supperfan wrote:

George Orellana wrote:

by

Community Manager

on 
03-02-2011

What's a "blocke"?

Sorry I meant "bloke". Sorry to dissapoint again but if you are doing the nasties in SL chances are you have already e-sexed plenty of dudes. 

I haven't been that stupid yet. That is why I want to ask how you find out whether someone is a "blocke" or a girl but there doesn't seem to be a subforum for that sort of thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.