Can't rezz some objects on rental land

Ruby Reynaud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone,

I rent a nice plot of land with 985  prims. Recently I have tried to rezz a building and a skybox but am getting the error 'attempt to rezz object failed, owner of land does  not allow.' I am wearing my group tag, I have plenty of free prims available and the structure definitely fits within the borders. One of the items I am trying to rezz is a building which can be rezzed either with or without furniture. I am able to rezz the building without furniture just fine but not with furniture. Again, I am sure I am not over my prim limit. I know this can  happen if the structure is large and being rezzed too close to the border but the building is much smaller than my plot. A couple of times I also received the same message when trying to rezz a small object; I tried re-rezzing the item about 2 meters away and it rezzed fine.  My landlord also has no idea why I'm having this problem. Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ruby

18 answers to this question

I'm assuming you're using a rez-faux type packager since it will rez fine without furniture.

Either the packager is trying to rez parts of the house/furniture outside your rental's parcel, or it has something like a linden tree packed inside it (which requires additional privilages granted from the Group Tool).

Try shifiting your rez package around to different points on your land and see if it's able to rez from there. You may have to rotate it strangely at first while all the building blocks pop out, and then straighten it afterwards.

Hi Cinder! Well I can't figure out how to post my follow ups other than posting under comments...hope you see this! Thanks for your suggestions. One of the structures is from a rez-fauz package, the other is from a HUD. I have tired shifting around and rezzing it in different spots to no avail but perhaps there is a Linden tree in the package..the HUD is a forest skybox that is full of trees so perhaps that is the problem, at least with that one.

Thanks for your input!

Ruby

Hi Toxic, yes I can rezz the buildling without the furniture but not with the furniture. However the entire structure with furniture is 255 prims and I have over 300 still available to me on my plot which is why this is so maddening!

Thanks,

Ruby

How does rezzing from a HUD work? Something I've always been curious about. For inworld object I understand it does it in relation to its position but for HUDs does it use your camera position or your avatar or something else. Maybe the rezz point is off your land with out you realizing it.

For this forest skybox, I wear the HUD, then rez a transport chair. I sit on the chair and it takes me to a desired elevation and then I rezz the box from there. It's pretty cool actually, when it works! Yes, maybe it is off my land. I know that the skybox is not larger than my parcel but it must be a problem with the borders...?

Hi Toxic,

Yes, that is how I keep track of how many prims I have rezzed and how many are available. I can see that I have over 300 still available..I didn't specifically think to see if anyone else has rezzed prims on the land, but I will do that. Even so, I would think with 300 available I should still be able to rezz a 255 prim structure, even if someone else has rezzed prims on the land?

Rez the house im a sandbox, use the build menu and edit to select every thing in one go,perhaps zooming out in order to do  that and then check the prim counts. It might be more than you think.

If it's a faux rezzer, you may be able to select the indivudual furniture and take items back into your inventory. Can you then rez the furniture pieces one by one on your rented land after rezzing just the house ?

*huggs*

Mondy

Hi Mondy,

Yes that's a good idea. I will doublecheck the prim counts; I was just going by what the creator had listed as the total prims. I was able to work around the problem by rezzing the house without furniture and then rezzing the furniture in seperately. So for this build it's how I want it but I still would like to find out what the problem is since I can't rezz my other forest skybox and am gun-shy now about buying any other builds for my land.

Thanks!

Ruby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.