What does "Default" setting in Privacy really mean?

Ember Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to set options in Preferences>Privacy>Settings to be on "No one".  But if thats the "default" it keeps shifting my radio button to the default after I save.  I worry that if some one accidentally changes the default in some preference somewhere my info will suddenly be made available to others.

How do I post a response.  I did it once on a post I answered but now I don't see anything like that.  Click on comments to get a post window.  But to clarify if the option was set to Use Default (all)  and I set to Friends.  It sticks with friends.  If it was set to to Use Default (none)  and I set it to just the None option it flips back to Use Default (none)  What happens if something gets messed with on the back end and the default for email goes from none to all does everybody's email become visible to all?

2 answers to this question

OH this is where it is.

:smileymad: Comments aren't visable by default.  Don't like that much

But to clarify if the option was set to Use Default (all) and I set to Friends. It sticks with friends. If it was set to to Use Default (none) and I set it to just the None option it flips back to Use Default (none) What happens if something gets messed with on the back end and the default for email goes from none to all does everybody's email become visible to all?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.