Why isn't my post showing up in the forums?

riaroswell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried to create a thread in the forums several times, but as soon as I navigate away from the initial page after posting it immediately disappears. I don't see it in my "latest posts" or anywhere else, except that my non-public stats show I've started one more topic.

What can I do to fix this?

Can other people see my posts?

Edit:

I didn't get any notification that my post was deleted and as far as I know there's nothing that violates the forum guidelines.

The post contained a link to an unrelated website but when I tried removing it and re-posting, the same thing happened. Otherwise it seems consistent with BUG-7298. So I guess there is no solution....

Edit 2:

I tried posting from a different browser, and this time I "edited" the post (just adding a space somewhere) before navigating away from the initial page. I don't know which of those things made it work, but it's up there now. Thank you for your help :)

2 answers to this question

I can see this one.  And I saw three others on your profile page and could navigate to them.  If there were other ones besides, they might have been deleted by the moderators, I suppose.  You would have received a note from them if that happened, though.  (Just in case, though, remember that the forum guidelines say

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision

Within recent memory we have waved goodbye to a resident who ran afoul of that rule here.)

Quite honestly, though, you are not the first person to have seen posts vanish like that.  Several of us commented on BUG-7298, which never was fully resolved.  It remains a mystery.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.