Inworld Marketing and Advertising Best Practices

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sassy Romano wrote:

The value of mall spots is in advertising and brand building and yes that mall spot might be a cost but so is an adboard which are hugely expensive for what they offer.  Typically L$200 a week for a single ad!  You can rent 20 prims in many malls for the same.

Indeed, it's brand awareness and checking whether people are coming to your main store from the mall is an extremely sensible thing to do, with a small store in a mall you can give a much better demonstration of your wares than an adboard delivers, of course if you aren't getting those clickthroughs then it can become a waste of money, the one thing you can't measure is whom sees your items in a mall and then checks out your mainstore based on noting your details from the items created.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

The value of mall spots is in advertising and brand building and yes that mall spot might be a cost but so is an adboard which are hugely expensive for what they offer.  Typically L$200 a week for a single ad!  You can rent 20 prims in many malls for the same.

the one thing you can't measure is whom sees your items in a mall and then checks out your mainstore based on noting your details from the items created.

No but given a choice of clicking a prominent LM giver and visiting main store and purchasing or right clicking a prim, to find the creator, open creator profile, see if they have a Pick, TP to mainstore, i'll vote with them probably doing the former and that I can and do track easily. :)

I just disagree with the general statement that "malls don't work".  It's necessary to accurately track the metrics I suggested.

As an example, using the simple formula I stated (sales at mainstore within 2 days of an LM being taken from a mall spot) one of my mall spots generates 50% more due to those who visited main store and shopped there.  I grant that it's all a bit fuzzy, that customer could have already had an LM, maybe they refreshed it, what about someone that buys 3 days later etc. but it's a metric and that's the purpose after all.  It doesn't have to be precise, this isn't about accounting but having an overview of the value of the location.

On the other hand, there are some malls that don't work :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.