Sign in to follow this  
Lexie Linden

Memorable Role Play Experiences

I had a very emotional experience where I played a student healer in a Hogwarts roleplay. The scene was so real to me I was    emotional in real li fe the patient passed away. In character.

I have done a bit of RP here and there in SL.

I spent a couple years as a Hufflepuff Professor in a Hogwart's based RP. It was very fulfilling planning classes and it made me happy when the students would talk about my classes for weeks after. I enjoyed many hours living the life of my character. I was happy to step away when I did, but don't regret the time at all.

After retiring from the RP I became a meece in a dark wonderland RP (which unfortunately no longer exists) eventually moving up to fill the role of the Dormouse. Where I spent many happy hours stalking around the edges, being flustered, and putting out a riddle or two.

It was a very different role then my Hogwarts one. In Hogwarts I was out there being seen, squelching any problems, trying to be a good example. Ready to meet any danger head on. As a meece I kept to the edges, insinuated myself where I could and always was on the lookout for danger.

I am looking forward to whatever RP situation I end up in next. I will be sure to drop by here and pick out a single memorable incidence soon.

I wish I could discuss my role play experiences here. But like most RP-interested residents, my RP is rather adult-themed in nature. It would be great if we adult residents with adult interests had an 18+ subforum to discuss adult topics.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

I wish I could discuss my role play experiences here. But like most RP-interested residents, my RP is rather adult-themed in nature. It would be great if we adult residents with adult interests had an 18+ subforum to discuss adult topics.

Agreed ... for the same reasons.

I have run quite a few RP event sin SL, some are just childish fun with the Goonies that last an hour, and others are multilayered adult events that can last up to half a year. It's the thing that keeps me hooked on SL and each year the RP gets more and more complexed.

Out of all the RP experiences ive been involved with, the most memorable and touching occurred in the steampunk town of New Babbage January 2010. The whole town had been buzzing with news about a man who was made of fire, who had split his soul in two to become immortal and was threatening to burn down the town. No one knew where or what the shard of his soul was, but it was believed once reunited with the shard the man could finally die. 

The shard turned out to be a young boy called Triky who had arrived and befriended many people four months earlier. Since that time he had become good friends and was part of a gang of Street Urchins common in New Babbage. 

When the rest of the players discovered the true identity of their friend, they where speechless, or in SL 'typeless'. 

The rule was that in order for the Fire man to finally die the boy must die at the exact same instance reuniting the soul and allowing the man to die. The town was now split with a moral conflict. Save the life of the boy or save the town from being burned to the ground. 

It was heart wrenching seeing the reactions of some of the residents who had become such good friends of Triky. They had spent the last months having adventures and getting into all sorts of mischief. Eventually Triky was grabbed by the fire man and pulled into a building which exploded and fell apart. When the smoke cleared Triky and the Fire man were gone. 

The following day i visited the site of the explosion to discover people had left a candle and a note. It really opened my eyes to how RP can really touch peoples feelings so vividly. It also re enforced how powerful a tool SL is for giving memorable emotional experiences.

memorial Triky.jpg

I second that, same reasons!

This would be needed indeed. After all the nature of RP in SL is in the most cases one that might not be seen as appropirate on this forum.

RP has been so much fun for me in the past years. Also lots of work and sometimes also pain and tears. But I am not going to miss out on this and still collect my notecards with memorable RP-logs. I just wish that I started with it sooner as some of the best scens from years ago now only exist in the memory of the participants.

I was recently lookin round SL not really sure what I was lookin for, when I stumbled upon a small jungle.

I immediately fell in love with the place and decided I wanted to live there. Haven't really got much RP experience, but now I'm a jungle girl and enjoy bumping into people in 'my' jungle who wonder who this strange (and slightly dumb) girl in rags is.

Turns out the jungle is attached to some other lands that are all part of a RP group called The Havens. I'm looking forward to seeing how Tanya the jungle girl will fit in to it all :smileywink:

No, not panther tribe or any conection to Gor :smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy: We have Amazons tho:

The Havens are a few lands like Moonhaven and Sunhaven. There's a mysterious haven were I think the elves live.

Starhaven is where 'my' jungle is ('my' as in RP mine - in case teh ownerz eva reed dis :smileytongue:) the group for Starhaven is the Amazons :smileyvery-happy:

I'm in the Amazon group, but Tanya the jungle girl (lol) hasn't had really a lot of contact with the Amazons yet (to be continued...) :smileyhappy:

I can relate to this. I spent a year and a half in a sim called Naraka, a prison planet, 9definitely adult, and so that's all that can be said about it here) . For some reason, it didn't occur to me to log chats for  quite a while, but eventually I did and I'm glad, I can still reread them and remember people and events that I'd long forgotten. But, I did rather ignore my rrl family for that year and half, I was always on the  laptop in all my spare time. So, whilst I regret the loss of not only Naraka, (which folded) but great rp, still, it's probably for the best, as I obviously wasn't able to regulate myself. I got too much of a buzz from it, even if, in truth, a lot of it was standing around gassing about  nothing exciting!

Perhaps one of the most memorable moments in my RP history was the Battle for Uvena Prime in Star Wars RP. The Sith-led military, The Revanant Armada, Had occupied the planet for a number of years before the Jedi and local frèedom fighters finally rose up to fight. The might of the Armada was great, however and to really turn thetide of the battle, the old Jedi Sage, Master Marcus Moreau, gave the ultimate sacrifice. He used a high-powered version of Force Light while becoming one with the Force (Jedi join the force when they die, sometimes involving bodily disappearence) to severely soften up the Sith. The battle was won, but the losses were great and I remember that time rather fondly.

So, now I'm seeking new Players For SWRP. Feel free to IM me in World. I am a big Hapes Consortium proponent and I have an In Character Corporation (that happens to be the same name as my SLX store).