Discovering Cool New Places

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One time I stormed out of my friend's house and met my best friend ever while I was wandering around mindlessly incredibly angry.

There's also a random compass that will teleport you to a random point on the grid. I've had some fun with that. I think it can be picked up for free at the Memory Bazaar. :smileyhappy:

I feel shamed for saying it because it's my sim, but during Mardi Gras celebration, Hutchinson Parish is kind of fun to check out the mardi gras decorations.  The residents are building Mardi Gras style parade floats which is kind of cool.  It's also LGBT and straight friendly.  

Sometimes I found interesting places my writing weird words in the Map or in the Location Bar.

That's why we called LOL our sim when we bought it and started design it. Often other Second Life users, as crazy as we are, just do that - they randomly write "LOL" in the Map or in the Location Bar, they're teleported to our region, and they start having fun. Sometimes they even tell it us.

This link was posted in the Role Play forum, but I think it should be posted here too. It goes to a website with an extensive list of Historical & Real World recreation sims.

http://nmsua.edu/tiopete/sl-register-of-historic-places/

One of the listed sites that I recommend is Paris 1900. It has a very good recreation of Notre Dame, the Champs Elysees &, the Eiffel Tower.  Inside the Sarah Bernhart theater near where you rez in are many pictures that give LMs to otther interesting sims. The kiosk in front of the theater has free outfits you can wear to feel more at home in this period sim as well.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Paris%201900/33/142/27

Opensource Obscure wrote:

Sometimes I found interesting places my writing weird words in the Map or in the Location Bar.

That's why we called
LOL
our sim when we bought it and started design it. Often other Second Life users, as crazy as we are, just do that -
they
 randomly write "
LOL" 
in the Map or in the Location Bar
, they're teleported to our region, and they start having fun. Sometimes they even tell it us.

/me giggles because she owns Lag for the same reasons....

A freind of mine decorated half the sim to look gothic and vampy and the other half sort of keeps in theme. If you can view the windlight settings it might be worth looking at for profile pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are so many wonderful places to visit in sl, but I can't use Showcase on my Phoenix viewer.  Most of the links are broken, so I don't use it anymore. Has anyone else had that problem? I feel so sorry for the people who go to all the trouble to be featured there for nothing.

That said, there are some wonderful exploring blogs out there with working links!

One is http://dorkacaminante.blogspot.com/

There are links there to other pages

Also check out flickr - there are some groups devoted to exploring and posting pics with slurls. I've found so many wonderful places that way!

• 2 months later...

I have found many cool places by doing hunts.

One of the coolest ways I ever found a place, was by tping to a sandbox when I was a slbaby and I fell off of it, I know, right?

The sim owner gave me a tour of the place and I climbed ropes, went through underwater tunnels, grabbed onto a rocket that exploded and learned that wearing hats isn't so easy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.