Second Life Blogs Feedback

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Indigo Mertel wrote:

Gypsy Quixote wrote:

What are you going to do about RedZone?

Seriously, the silence is deafening.

This has been addressed already. Check this: 

Only partly addressed.

• Apparently, TOS / CS has been changed recently.
  • No announcement of this, either read-only on the old blog, or in this new blog
  • No prompt to agree to the changes on login. Maybe the changes are so minor as not thought to have any effect on anybody?
  • I understand that in-world scanners for RZ and other systems continue to harvest data on residents

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/You-are-being-tracked-in-SL-by-third-parties-and-there-is/td-p/515731

The silence is deafening.

Umm.

So, all Blogs feedback in the Forums goes in this one thread?

This seems, uh... other than optimal.

But, just to get the ball rolling on that topic:  The most recent land-related blog post was by Jack, five months ago.

Land is still the Lab's number one revenue stream, and by margin completely swamps all other sources combined--probably by two orders of magnitude.

And there's no Land Forum section.

The deck chairs need re-arranging, no doubt, and it's a fine hobby, but isn't anybody minding the actual store?

[Edit:  Minor discovery: There is a "Land Ownership" forum, stranded under Commerce.  I suppose that's not an altogether unreasonable place for it (although... not sure the average residential landowner would think of it that way).  It's probably only "hidden" to those of us who have always avoided like the plague the old Commerce née Xstreet forums.]

Love the new layout.  So much better than it was.  Everything much easier to find. 

As for General Discussion, there are some great alternatives available like SLU.

Don't miss General Discussion at all now that I see this layout.  I realized that a lot of good answers and info got lost there because folks posted there because they couldn't see where else to post their question.

Like it as it is and vote for no General Discussion section. 

Very encouraging change. 

After taking some time to navigate around a bit.. I'm liking it. I do have one thing that I don't like and I don't know if I'm just doing something wrong or it's the same for everyone.  I log into my dashboardpage, then I highlight *community* and get the drop down and select *forums* which takes me to a page where I have to log in again... ? I'm already logged in under the dashboard.. am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

Wiki

I discovered this by chance, but it seems like the community platform requires Adobe Flash to be installed for core functionality like file uploads. I got an error message in Safari not understanding why, whereas it worked fine in Firefox.

The connection became clear when I tried the same operation on the iPad, where it displayed a message I had to install flash to upload images. 

For Safari I had installed the Click to Flash extension, which is a flash blocker, and as soon as it was disabled, image uploads worked in Safari too. 

I mean, seriously??! Flash - the security hole infested ... 

If Flash is central to the operation of the platform, i guess that leaves out a massive amounts of mobile devices from taking full advantage of it, in addition to us who does not want that crap to running on our systems. 

EDIT: Click to Flash has a whitelist, and if community.secondlife.com is whitelisted, functionality as expected is restored. 

Very short summary of the info that is out there: there was a change of the TOS on the 25th Feb, which makes RedZone a breach of the TOS, unless some changes are made. Stuff is rattling about in places such as JIRA comments but, partly because of the Dark Time, your best bet is to check outside sources, such as Tateru Nino's blog. What I've seen, which may not be the complete story, suggests that zFire Xue is enthusiastically digging himself a deeper hole.

I think the TOS change does need a proper blog announcement.

The Blogs don't stand out as much, for example I've just noticed Torley has been blogging about new community features, but it's way down the list and whereas it's not a great hardship, it's probably going to mean some useful blogs get missed, is there a way of at leasting moving the latest couple of blogs further up the list?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.