Sign in to follow this  
PhrostElk

My alpha and everyones alphas are transparent. having problems with it.

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi PhrostElk,

As Adam states, alpha layers are supposed to make parts of the avatar transparent. Is your problem that all avatars are invisible, except for any attachments they're wearing? Come back to your question and edit it (via "Options" over there on the right) to tell us more about what you're experiencing and how that's not what you're expecting.

PhrostElk wrote:

I switched the clients as well and it still shows my avatars alpha and everyone elses alpha as transparent. Can anyone help?

It looks like the problem you have is that you can't see the meshes they're wearing over the alphas, which appear to be working normally for you. You probably have an AMD video card and the latest drivers cause problems with worn mesh. Either roll your drivers back to Catalyst 14.9 or go to "Graphics" - "Advanced" and turn off "Hardware Skinning."

• Like 2

Alphas are transparent...that's the definition of them. However, what you are not seeing are the mesh body parts/clothing that are supposed to be in the empty spaces. To be honest, right now I'm not sure how to change that, I think it might be something in the settings..but your problem is not alpha layers, it's mesh.

• Like 1