Need a snow emitter that DOESN'T snow indoors. HELP!

FiraFirecat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone! :catvery-happy:

I've been looking to give my skybox a festive scene by adding some nice snow fall. But alas, 2 purchases and 1000  wasted lindens later, I can't seem to find a snow emitter that doesn't seep into my house and make my living room a winter distaster. Anyone know of a snow machine/emitter that keeps the snow where it belongs, OUTSIDE? Any help would be super appreciated! :catembarrassed:

Thanks!

Fira :heart:

EDIT: I forgot to mention a vital detail. If it covers a 64 x 64 parcel with one rez, that'd be super rad :catvery-happy:

FiraFirecat wrote:

Hello Everyone! :catvery-happy:

I've been looking to give my skybox a festive scene by adding some nice snow fall. But alas, 2 purchases and 1000  wasted lindens later, I can't seem to find a snow emitter that doesn't seep into my house and make my living room a winter distaster. Anyone know of a snow machine/emitter that keeps the snow where it belongs, OUTSIDE? Any help would be super appreciated! :catembarrassed:

Thanks!

Fira :heart:

Dwelling Quay's Ultimate Weather system works differently from traditional snow particle systems and the effect location is very controllable"

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Romantic%20Paradise/49/205/3011

I had the same question not to long ago until i found this system and I love it now. I dont move it, so that way i have rain, clouds, and snow in the winters. And its not hard to adjust to so it doesnt rain/snow in your house. Once rezzed you choose the size of land from a tiny parcel to a full sim and it will rez the emitters. All you have to do to keep them from raining/snowing in your home is adjust the height and fall length of the rain/snow/emitters. 

If you dont mind a little work i would suggest this for you. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/WeatherSystem-deLuxe-snow-hail-rain-fog-thunder-tornadoes-fire/42727   (this is the deluxe one they have a smaller one that doesnt include that fire and blood, and even has ground cover)

I guess the only question I have about this one is if I work it to avoid snowing/raining ect. in my house, will it still fall all the way to the ground. Sorry if I'm getting too picky, I just want to be sure before I spend the lindens ^^;;; Thanks for the help! :heart:

Whiteangel Falconvale wrote:

The emmiters that you adjust so it doesnt fall in the house no, they wont fall all the way to the ground. But on the rest of the area, yes it will fall all the way. 

It is highly unlikely depending on how high you skybox is from the ground.  A particle script regulates how long each particle will last and they'd have to last a loooong time to hit the ground from a skybox.  There would not be any point in making them last so long.

Check this one out if all you want is snow https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Real-Snow-NEW/5579303

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Whiteangel Falconvale wrote:

The emmiters that you adjust so it doesnt fall in the house no, they wont fall all the way to the ground. But on the rest of the area, yes it will fall all the way. 

It is highly unlikely depending on how high you skybox is from the ground.  A particle script regulates how long each particle will last and they'd have to last a loooong time to hit the ground from a skybox.  There would not be any point in making them last so long.

Check this one out if all you want is snow

Isn't max life for a particle ~60 Seconds?

So a snowflake dropped from around 4000 meters would need to be falling at about 130 miles per hour to make it to the ground before dissolving in SL.  (just some rough math here off bottom of my head).

Got a response from the maker of the "Dwelling Quay's Ultimate Weather system" and he offered his services for my skybox to install the emitter. It's too perfect! Theresa Tennyson , I owe you both an apology and my biggest thanks for that suggestion! And thank you to everyone else who offered their help as well! It's gonna be a pristine white christmas now! :catlol:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.