Blender cycles render noise help!

Apple May

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to resolve an issue I'm having with youtube tutorials and multiple interenet searches to no prevail. Regardless of what nodes I use, clamp settings, etc... my render bake still has 'noise' through out the texture. Sure these things can be worked out in photoshop and I've always hand painted my lighting before, but I'd really like to solve the issue with in blender as it'll just continue to bug me and I'd really like to move into a new work flow.

I tried adding a slew of nodes following a despeckle tutorial I had found on youtube but what worked for him doesn't make a difference (AT ALL) in my texture.

The preview screen below shows exactly how my texture is baking.

ScreenShot.jpg

I'm sure it's something simple I may be missing... I'm a self taught blender user and I think being sleep deprived isn't helping. Any help is greatly appreciated (my brain will thank you)!

Oh... don't mine my light source in the background :)

First thing is the number of samples. Camera tab; Sampling section; Set Render to at least 32, then check the "Square Samples" box. That box isn't about shape, it squares the number in the slots below. So 24 becomes 24 x 24 = 576. I use 32 squared (1024) for a 512x512 image at 100% resolution. It's SLOW. That's the price of using Cycles.

There are a lot of other settings that might have effects, especially Filter Glossy in the Light Paths section.

• Like 1

-------EDIT--------

It came out perfect, thank you for your help! I had read to keep the render number lower for noise... which was obviously wrong.

Giving that a try now. It's definitely MUCH slower.... snails pace infact... which I'm oddly happy about because I didn't notice a difference in the render time before so I feel (fingers crossed) that will work.

I'll keep ya posted. Thanks!

Also please make sure to check if you have the CUDA support enabled.

Ok this only works with a certain range of grafic cards, but speed up the process immensly.

CUDA_Enabled_Render.JPGCUDA_Enabled_Prefs.JPG

As you can see ther are 2 places to do this. In the render settings where you also set the samples. And also in the prefernces of Blender. In the 1rst screenshot you set the the Devise to GPU. But this only works when in the prefs (screen 2 ) your card is recognized. See the blue CUDA Button down left in the second screenshot? Well normally Belnder would recognize your grafics card. But there are cases where this diddnt worked. This can mean

A:) You card is too old to support CUDA

B.) Somehow blender was not able to verify your card.

In the second case you can click the drop down field ( that the one where GeForce GTX 770 is noted ) and choose your card manually. If that dosent work, well see pont A. Sorry, no more speed.

After this is set and you where able to choose a card or one is recognized already, make sure the CUDA button is clicked ( blue ) and then set the render setting "Device" from screenshot 1 to GPU. This should speed things up.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.