Problem with mesh faces

Pookiepie Bluecoat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been working on a necklace for a while now and I came across and was able to find solutions to many problems along the way.  Now finally I am in the last stages.  I have the mesh finished and uploaded everything seems fine until you edit or detatch and reatach the necklace.  When doing either of these a face that I need to have transparent becomes visible again. 

I've been looking around but I have yet to find a solution.  Any help is much appreciated. 

This can sometimes happen if you have a lot of faces on a single piece of mesh or a mesh wil a very high amount of verticies.

You can overcome this with a very simple script, however the most efficient way is just to lower the amount of materials you are using on the mesh.

float transparent    = 0;float nontransparent = 1;default{    state_entry()    {        llSetAlpha(transparent,    0); //Set face 0 transparent.        llSetAlpha(nontransparent, 1); //Set face 1 non transparent.        // Duplicate the above lines as needed for your faces and place within the piece of mesh.    }    on_rez(integer r)    {        llResetScript();    }}

• Like 1

That's odd! Never had that happen to me before.

Before joining unwrapped objects in Blender, make sure the UV maps are all named the exact same thing, the SecondLife mesh importer can only read one UV map.

Screenshot below shows the UV map names, just double click them to change them.

Screenshot_1.png

Note: You will need to do this before joining meshes.

• Like 1

Yea thats the thing it only had one map.  The necklace is made up of multiple torus all starting from the same 2 that were mapped together.  The extra prim was just a cube added to fix mav block missing error.  When I first started working on it though I was keeping a subsurf applied until after baking then removing it.  Other times I made it how I liked and then decimated before upload and both methods still got me a mesh that was part uv mapped and part planar.   I ended up leaving both subsurf and decimate out of the process before I was able to get it to upload properly. 

Thank you for that as well though lol I'm sure I will encounter that problem as well before I'm done xD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.