how to upload full song to second life?

cloudnet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello

how can i upload full song to second life? (.wav) 

i know i can upload the song in parts but how can i upload a full song or what can i do it so the parts of the song will play the full song?

i saw that there are people that sell songs in marketplace and its full songs, how are they doing it?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

You can't, really. That's not what Second Life is for.

The maximum length of uploaded sounds is 10.0s (as you've probably discovered).

It's possible to cut apart songs into 10.0s segments, and then stitch them together using an LSL script - but this will cause constant jarring as it's not capable of sequencing. Each segment will be downloaded independently by each listener - they won't sync and the segments will under and over-run.

• Like 3

They're (typically - can't speak for every case) pushing the limitations of Second Life into the realm of the customer, and targetting naivete.

i.e., they don't care that it won't work as the customer hopes.

Many of these same people exploit intellectual property and copyright rules. I wouldn't advise following their example.

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for some information and was surprised to read this. 

I have a freebie guitar in SL that plays a fairly long piece of music beautifully. Listening to it I haven't noticed any of what you described here 

but this will cause constant jarring as it's not capable of sequencing. Each segment will be downloaded independently by each listener - they won't sync and the segments will under and over-run

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.