I got hacked and my inventory started to disappear. I went from 16000+ to 4247. can I get that back?

CarolynBrown1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

It's doubtful that your account was hacked unless you shared your password with another person or fell for a phishing scheme. If you did not just complete a recovery of your account with Linden Lab then it's more likely you are having viewer issues.

How about clearing your cache and logging into SecondLife in a quiet region and letting your inventory list rebuild. Cache issues frequently prevent the inventory fetch process from rebuilding itself on your PC.

If that fails, please perform a clean reinstall of the SL Viewer: Instructions follow:

1) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Macro 2014-03-06 Rev

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.