Viewer-Managed Marketplace: Inworld Feedback Session

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

You can upgrade now Win 10 is going to be a free upgrade when it comes out and since there is not an "offical" release date on Windows 10 why would you want to wait possibly a year and go with out sales from the MP during that whole time? Do you now make enough sales to pay for some if not all of the computer upgrade ?

Bryce Davenport wrote:

You can upgrade now Win 10 is going to be a free upgrade when it comes out and since there is not an "offical" release date on Windows 10 why would you want to wait possibly a year and go with out sales from the MP during that whole time? Do you now make enough sales to pay for some if not all of the computer upgrade ?

From Microsoft...

"We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year!"

namssab1nad Piers is using Windows XP... They would have to buy Win 7 or 8.1 in order to get the free upgrade.

Do you make enough in MP sales to pay for an upgrade? Win 8.1 is $120 USD. Add in a decent graphics card for another $200 and you are looking at $320 USD, or $80,000 L. Most small merchants do not make that much, and if you take into account RL bills they may pay with any SL earnings, Upgrading a PC is not the highest priority.

However, running XP is foolish as it is not being updated with any security patches. Personally, I bought a copy of Win 7 when it was on sale at Best BUy and upgraded my wifes PC. Mine already had it.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Bryce Davenport wrote:

From Microsoft...

"We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices
that upgrade in the first year!"

namssab1nad Piers is using Windows XP... They would have to buy Win 7 or 8.1 in order to get the free upgrade.

My point was that by someone saying the want to wait untill windows 10 comes out is not a good arugement because as you have help to make clear ... windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 get the upgrade for free not win xp ppl .. so the person could buy win 7 and not have to purchase another os for a while.  I have made my own computer it cost me around 1,300 usd  but there are pre built computers out there that will work with SL starting at around $250.00 usd  is an $200 computer the best NO but it should run SL and Gimp so there you go. 

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3215 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.