Lindens denied then delivered

Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is more a curious check than a problem.

When I recently purchased some lindens, I was sent an email stating my purchase was declined. A few moments later, I recieved another email stating my purchased was completed. A check at my Dashboard revealed this:

----------------

2014-12-08 12:41:40    LindeX Currency Buy - order_id= 4508356                      $10.42   $0.00

2014-12-08 12:41:40    Payment of 10.42 USD, Visa ending with xxxx                ($10.42)  ($10.42)

2014-12-08  12:41:23   LindeX Currency Buy - order_id=45068355 - Failed

----------------

Notice the failed notification at :23 and a few seconds later at :40, the delivery is complete.

I've noticed this before with no problems, getting the linden otherwise.

As I mentioned, no problem, just a curiousity factor to why I would be sent a failed message, only to have the linden delivered a few seconds later. :smileyindifferent:

1 answer to this question

I'm guessing -- really, purely a guess -- that the LindeX tried to process your order, found that there were not enough L$ available at the price you requested, and then tried again a few seconds later. Your order is pretty small, so that's a little surprising, but it's plausible.

The LindeX operates like a RL currency exchange.  You are buying from other SL residents who are selling.  If your desired buying price matches their desired selling price, you have a deal.  Otherwise, the system waits patiently until someone else is offering to sell L$ at your price.  There are so many residents trading at once that we normally don't see any delay, especially if we are buying and selling at whatever the current market price is.  If the market gets really busy, or if someone dumps a lot of L$ below the current market buy price, you can expect trading to be irregular briefly.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.