how to pick up everything at once when moving to new region?

Tamara Brannan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yes, it does, but you do have to be VERY careful.  You are talking about using the coalesced object feature, where you pick up many objects at once without linking them.  You'll find a good description of how to use it at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-move-a-build/ta-p/919109

As you read that description, you'll see why I said you have to be careful. It's kinda scary stuff until you get used to it.  It is very easy to pick up many of your objects and leave others behind by mistake.  It's also easy to pick up someone else's stuff.  When you set the object back down again, it's possible to set parts of it underground or inside other things, or on someone else's land.  I strongly recommend practicing in a sandbox on a bunch of random prims until you get the hang of it.

• Like 5

2 answers to this question

Yes, it does, but you do have to be VERY careful.  You are talking about using the coalesced object feature, where you pick up many objects at once without linking them.  You'll find a good description of how to use it at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-move-a-build/ta-p/919109

As you read that description, you'll see why I said you have to be careful. It's kinda scary stuff until you get used to it.  It is very easy to pick up many of your objects and leave others behind by mistake.  It's also easy to pick up someone else's stuff.  When you set the object back down again, it's possible to set parts of it underground or inside other things, or on someone else's land.  I strongly recommend practicing in a sandbox on a bunch of random prims until you get the hang of it.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.