my second life clock runs like a stopwatch. When I log on to Second life My clock starts 0:0:0

Yardie London

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When ever I log on to Second Life my clock reads 0:0:0 and then proceeds to run like a stop watch. I have looked all over for the preferences to fix the time and there is no way to fix this. I joined the Firestorm group to get help with this problem and they did not give me helpful solution. There answer was that my computer clock must be  wrong. Yet everything else runs ok on my computer. I have had this problem since 2010 with Windows 32 bit and now Windows 64. Every thing runs ok but the damn SL clock.

8 answers to this question

You have completely missred my question even AFTER I state clearly that there is nothing wrong with my computer clock. YOu offer a solution that will completely screw up my operating system. ALL the SOFtware on my computer runs perfectly it is only the Second life clock in SECOND LIFE that is running as a STOPWATCH.

The time displayed in the viewer is dependent on the computer system clock. You can easily test this (or at least I can) by changing the time of the system clock by clicking on the clock in the task bar and selecting Change date and time settings. When you change the time and select OK the viewer time display changes. 

It is not that common for applications to display time so it is not really relevant that you run other applications without problem. I am curious why you mention this but don't say, "My system clock is displaying the correct time".

Clearly Yarlie's system clock is working correctly or else the security handshake with the SL servers would fail due to the use of standard SSL encryption protocols using certificates that are exchanged at login time. These use the system time as a component in the process to verify the certificates validity. It's curious that this OP has had this issue on 2 separate PCs [Windows 32 bit and now Windows 64].

Clearly Yarlie's system clock is working correctly or else the security handshake with the SL servers would fail due to the use of standard SSL encryption protocols using certificates that are exchanged at login time. These use the system time as a component in the process to verify the  certificates validity. It's curious that this OP  has had this issue on 2 separate PCs [Windows 32 bit and now Windows 64].

Can you post a screen shot of this phenomena?

That doesn't sound like the system clock in any SL viewer I have seen.  There's no clock in the viewer that will display in the format 0:0:0 .  The system clock in Firestorm and in the standard Linden Lab viewer is in the upper right corner of the screen.  Right now, mine looks like this

Viewer system clock.png

Notice that it is in the format 0:0, no seconds. It sounds to me as if you have been wearing a HUD that has a stopwatch built into it.  There are many of those in SL, very useful for logging your in-world time.  I have made a couple myself, in fact, and sell one in Marketplace. This particular one doesn't show seconds either, but it's designed to stop and start on demand, unlike the system clock.

InWorld Time HUD_4.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Rolig Loon. The top right hand corner has been one of those blind spots I avoided because so many thing pop up when I mouse over. I am not sure about a hud with a clock but I know that at sometime I got prompted to enable some clock in the developer menu. This was to help me to get to SL classes on time. Now I can start going to classes. Once again Thanks for the help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.