Update Always Crashes!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Every time my veiwer tells me I need to update, ether right before logging in or while im already logged in. ya know that pop up you get that says you need to update? well i click on that, it starts to down load and install etc. it gets to like the last 90% and then this error shows up. EVERY TIME!!! the only way i can up date is if i go to the page and download the viewer from the home page. and sometimes it takes a few tries to work. Does any one else have this problem? how can i make this stop happening?

error.png

Speculation here: I was seeing very slow delivery of meshes, a little later in the evening. When it's only one sort of item, with the CDN handling other stuff decently, that suggests a connection fault near me is unlikely. The problems I have seen a couple of times this weekend suggest something local to Second Life servers instead. Why can't the SSA server find an Alpha texture? As I read the descriptions of the system, the actual asset server is in the same building as the SSA server, and any wider internet problem, which might be my fault doesn't get involved except when I sent a list of component changes (and if that doesn't arrive, how does the SSA server even know it wants to load that Alpha?).

On the whole, I think I am lucky to live in Europe, in such a different timezone, as I miss the US weekend peaks. The CDN is taking load off the actual sim servers, but things internal to Linden Lab may still be overloaded. And with most of the effective support being associated with Firestorm, rather than any Linden Lab user support, I wonder how they will ever notice. 

• 3 weeks later...

This definitely have happened every single time, WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS. I could say the problem just with the same words. Every single time I need to load the Sl Viewer install program separately and install that. Then logging in, but when logoff and login again, I have again to install the SL Viewer... :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.