Sign in to follow this  
Hypatia Meili

Viewer-Managed Marketplace & Inventory

I do not know about anyone else, but I will probaly mostly be going back to boxed items that need to be unpacked when this happens. I do not generally keep the unboxed folders in my inventory but do keep the boxed version to be sold in world either as is or in an inworld vending device. I have enough stuff in my invemtory as it is.

There for except for indvidual rezzable objects most of my items will be reverting to "needs to be unpacked"!

Additionally I am woried about accidently chaging permsions on items for sale from inventory. As it is now you check items when you send it to the marketplace and double check it in preview and they stay the way you sent them, period. I can see the new set up causing a lot more items getting released to the wild with wrong permissions. Also exzactly how sperate will sales folder be from the rest of out inventory, weedo not wan to set the wrong stuff for sale.

Hypatia Meili wrote:

I do not know about anyone else, but I will probaly mostly be going back to boxed items that need to be unpacked when this happens. I do not generally keep the unboxed folders in my inventory but do keep the boxed version to be sold in world either as is or in an inworld vending device. I have enough stuff in my invemtory as it is.

There for except for indvidual rezzable objects most of my items will be reverting to "needs to be unpacked"!

Additionally I am woried about accidently chaging permsions on items for sale from inventory. As it is now you check items when you send it to the marketplace and double check it in preview and they stay the way you sent them, period. I can see the new set up causing a lot more items getting released to the wild with wrong permissions. Also exzactly how sperate will sales folder be from the rest of out inventory, weedo not wan to set the wrong stuff for sale.

What are you talking about? What new system?

Hmm.. if that works like it should it will be much better than the MP.. I hate when i mess up or forget a notecard in an item and have to redo the listing... or associate it with a new upload... much simpler to use the inventory.

I wouldn't worry about accidentally listing things that you don't want to sell. By the sounds of it, the dedicated folder will be like your store on MP - you can have items ready to sell, but they still need to be listed deliberately - its just cutting out the middle step of sending things to the merchant outbox and uploading.

Sounds good to me. Anything that streamlines the MP listing process (assuming it doesn't break anything...which is a pretty big assumption...) will make me happy.