Megaprim. sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has the Megaprim .sl site been shut down I've not been able to log in for a couple of days... Real shame if the sites gone its a really useful building resource... Of course it might not be necessary if Lindens gave us a decent size of prim  at least 150m... at the same time perhaps they could try tackling the totalling stagnant in world building system and sort out 99% hollowing too !!

Yes its true.. I hope its just a temporary shut down as well! It had happened again in the past and it wasn't working.

Lets hope it will work again.

meanwhile...

Whats the prim size you want?

Type it here. Maybe I have it, or maybe someone else does and so we will pass it to you.

Cheers beethros

This looks like a very nice MegaPrim pack.

I just bought myself.  I had another pack but this one apears to have many more than the pack I had.

$1L seems very reasonable for the work he did in collecting and organizing all this.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TMs-48k-Mega-Prim-Pack-15a/1231744

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I was wondering, why one would need 48K +  prim pack?

I am asking honestly, not trying to be a snot. I'm certain there are some items that one could build using these prim packs, I just don't see it (I'm not a builder).

Jerilynn Lemon wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance on this, but I was wondering, why one would need 48K +  prim pack?

I am asking honestly, not trying to be a snot. I'm certain there are some items that one could build using these prim packs, I just don't see it (I'm not a builder).

First, that pack was put together before LL raised the maxium size for a prim from 10x10x10 to 64x64x64 so there are probably a lot of prims in that pack no longer needed.

However, when it comes to a Mega Prim, while you can do all sorts of things to shape them, one thing you can't do is resize them.  So for instance, if you had a prim with an area of 100x100meter, to accomodate all heights up to 100meters in 1/10meter increments, that would be 1,000 prims.

(((Oops hit reply to thread when i meant reply@Jerilynn Lemon))

A 512x512x512 for example would take up a whole sim..

My holodeck spehere i believe was 1024 which you really only want to rez when your sim is not touching other sims..

It was nice being away from other sims..

that is my sim way down there below the sphere and the dotted line  in the water is how many sims my sphere would take up..

my sim in the center ,so a total of 9 sim spaces for one prim.. hehehe It was waaaaay cool inside!! \o/

nexus globe.png

This is what it was like on the inside with that scene put in..

Cekapunch.png

cekapunch7.png

cekapunch9.png

cekapunch10.png

cekapunch11.png

or you could put any in you can think of..

Cekapunch2.png

a lot of sim surrounds use megas also or used to..

This is just one of the cool uses for them..

My neighbor uses a 125x125x125 prim as a hollow sphere inside of which to place her build.

- That's the most common use of mega prims today. You can put your own sky textures on the inside and have a lot more control. Especially for something like a space build. Link it to prims inside the sphere such that no one is ever more than 64m from any part of the linkset, and it will render no matter how small they set their camera distance.

Some sims have spheres like this larger than 500m... for things like deep space.

"Some sims have spheres like this larger than 500m... for things like deep space."

Okay, I get it now.  I have a friend who uses one of deep space to keep her skybox/house in.

Looking at a megaprim and not knowing that...hmmm.

Thank you for the straight forward answers Ceka, Perrie and Pussycat.

I have some learnin' to do about megaprims. :matte-motes-oh-rly:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

(((Oops hit reply to thread when i meant reply@
Jerilynn Lemon
))

A 512x512x512 for example would take up a whole sim..

My holodeck spehere i believe was 1024 which you really only want to rez when your sim is not touching other sims..

It was nice being away from other sims..

that is my sim way down there below the sphere and the dotted line  in the water is how many sims my sphere would take up..

my sim in the center ,so a total of 9 sim spaces for one prim.. hehehe It was waaaaay cool inside!! \o/

nexus globe.png

This is what it was like on the inside with that scene put in..

Cekapunch.png

cekapunch7.png

cekapunch9.png

cekapunch10.png

cekapunch11.png

or you could put any in you can think of..

Cekapunch2.png

a lot of sim surrounds use megas also or used to..

This is just one of the cool uses for them..

And who else could pull off wearing a schoolgirl sailor suit while wielding a 100 cm katana in the middle of a world-destroying firestorm?

It's good you keep your pictures. Gives new arrivals a goal. They'll never meet it, of course. But at least they'll have a direction.

;-)

Ends up that is only the 512 prim hehehe

Those pics were from a few of the zillion i took from when i was really into the movie sucker punch..

I was making a lot of scenes from that..

Those there were test pictures when i was working on the first fight scene from the movie..

had the whole takeoff and weather machine and snow swirling around me on my jumps and everything LOL

It was waaaay fun and not really hard to do,just takes soo much time,which i ran out of..hehehe

I honestly didnt expect to illicit 'cheeky bun' pics - theyre impressive though...the pics I mean ..well yes....

Meanwhile I have masses of crates containing megas its just easier to summon one up rather than rummage through them all.... but the megaprim site is a superb resource...be a shame to lose it

Doesnt counter my argument that the inworld building system is become dull and stagnant... mesh was an easy cop out for lindens....

wasn't there more than one site doing that?

I remember there being a few different huds..

When i go inworld next i'll check what i used to see if the one i was using still works..

I can't remember the name everyone else was using that was in the forums and cartel,but i remember not having th same one as them..

Heck i can't even remember the name of mine now that i think of it lol

Ceka Cianci wrote:

When i go inworld next i'll check what i used to see if the one i was using still works..

I can't remember the name everyone else was using that was in the forums and cartel,but i remember not having th same one as them..

There is also Prim Search.  I've not used so don't know if it is working.

There are still HUDs on the MP.  The way the one I looked at appears to work is by including all the sizes in its content.  It then just extracts (rezzes) the size you entered.

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

Doesnt counter my argument that the inworld building system is become dull and stagnant... mesh was an easy cop out for lindens....

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  What improvements would you like?

I do know people would like In World mesh creation tools.  But do you have other ideas in mind?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

There is also
.  I've not used so don't know if it is working.

There are still HUDs on the MP.  The way the one I looked at appears to work is by including all the sizes in its content.  It then just extracts (rezzes) the size you entered.

I think that is the one i was using,,

ETA: just clicked the link and yes that is the one i was using hehehe

Ive got salt hud very useful but occasionally megaprim sl used to come up with ones that salt didnt have...Prim search is good, it's a while since I used it though because megaprim sl always seemed to have more.

Suggestions for in world building Ive got loads of 'em. For a start increase the variety of prim shapes with a seperate menu for polygons ..it should be a lot easier task to define a  type of triangle for example - the formula for making an equiateral is a nightmare.

Increase prim size - 64 is hopeless especially when youre working on a project like a space station...

How about tapering along any axes ... at the moment tapering is very restricted...

Hollowing?? Cant we get it increased to 99% please.... Walls using megaprims are so thick at 95% An increase in hollowing would be a major boon in my opinion.

Text on prims ??

And  how about being able to cut prims along a selected line or between a set of points marked on the prim ...

I dont want to make mesh and pay even more to import and then not be sure if its going to be right...In my book I pay enough in tiers and membership to have to pay even more to find building software and then again to bring in the items I build into sl. I want to build in world as Ive said before I want to put on a space suit to build a space station or scuba gear to construct an underwater station not sit puzzling over some vastly complex mest software which doesnt need me to be inworld at all. If I was going to learn how to use complex mesh software I might as well have gone and done computer studies in college. Mesh software takes you out of sl... I really cant understand why lindens gave it so much time.....while ignoring the building system at hand.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.