Just joined Premium, hellllppp?????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, i just paid 84$ Canadian and became a premium meber of SL. But I am upset and confused! As soon as they took my money, they asked me which home I wanted and was told those ones are sold out! Had I known that I would not have paid or signed up, I just wanted the home they advertised! No only that, i was given no information at all on who i could contact if i had issues, and that was one of the features they advertised, full chat support! SO I AM STUCK WITH A HOME I HATE AND 84 DOLLARS POORER! THANKS A LOT LINDEN LABS!!

You can abandon a linden home up to 5 times a day, and pick a new one.

Just keep cycling them everyday until the design you want comes up.

Or...

Forget the linden homes, and go to mainland, find a plot of land up to 560m large if you have a group of your own, or 512m if not - and buy it. Some of them are very cheap right now, and some are absurdly expensive.

Premium lets you have EITHER a linden home, or 512m of 'land tier' - and you can get more tier by bumping up your land allowance on one of the account pages.

My only criticism of the OP will be that he seems to have gone straight for the annual version of premium before giving it a one month test run.

He's discovered on the other end of the bargain that yes you do get a free home - but its based on supply, and apparantly he likes a popular choice.

Not everyone is in SL for a long time and reads or gets involved with all the details. Just yesterday I saw two people with accounts as old as mine who didn't appear to know what an AO was...

He could easily have registered here a long time ago for one issue, and moved on.

My original account was made in 2006. It may even have posted a question at the time as I was mightily confused. But I didn't log back in until 2009. When I came back - that was a big worry of mine, that everyone would assume I was an old expert, so I actually began every conversation by stating all this...

When I came back in 2009, the only reason I even knew what L$ were was reading about them in a getting started guide. I still hadn't figured out how you earned them, let alone bought them, let alone that they were 260 for $1 US (back then) and not say... 1 for 1... Or gained by killing elves or something.

So my advice to the OP stands at what I posted earlier in the thread. I know I've seen him post in the forums at least once before a month or two back... but even still, not everyone comes back daily and he might not even see this for another year...

Do not worry about getting the free linden home. You do not really need it and it comes with a lot of rules and regulations that are a hassle. You can get very nice a very nice home for a low price and sometimes even free without all of those strings attached. You will be getting a weekly stipend to help you buy things now that you have a premium account. You can search inside second life or on the marketplace online for land and a home.You can pay for a small 512 plot of land ( the way I do ) and not have to pay any extra fees after your initial investment for it,  or you can opt for more land and pay the initial price and then a fee . Welcome to second life.  Feel free to contact me if you need any help .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.