Why do I continuously have to re-validate my age?

Liz Pelous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why do I suddeny find myself (and my alts) restricted from certain areas and from buying from anywhere but the 'GENERAL' category on the market place? I have changed from paypal to a credit card, and that works for a while, then all of a sudden I need to re-verify AGAIN so I switch from the credit card back to Paypal... and here I am again, unable to buy anything from the marketplace that is not "GENERAL".  What the hell people? I've been here since 2007? 

1 answer to this question

Well, that stinks.  I'd be annoyed too.  You really do only "verify" once, when you enter SL, so you are verified.  As always, you have to indicate your access preference in Marketplace, in Search, and -- for in-world destinations -- in Preferences >>> General.  In theory, you should only need to do that one time.  In practice, theory doesn't always work.  I suspect that if you make a major change to your payment method, it may somehow mess up the records, so you have to indicate your preference all over again.  As I said, it stinks.  The best I can say is that compared to other things that could go wrong, though, it's a relatively mild annoyance. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.