The clouds are Rezed weird.

Tiffany Mortenwold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Tiffany Mortenwold wrote:

I just got a new computer with a new graphics card. I can run at Ultra specs no sweat. But the clouds sometimes have blue star shaped patterns in them as if they aren't fully drawn. Any ideas how to fix this?

check this thread out: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/452286#452286

Looks like the fix is to update your graphics drivers.

--Cinn

Depending on your graphics card you may have to go to your preferences on the graphics tab > advanced (or hardware depending on your viewer) and uncheck "Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO)".  But that would mean your graphics card is about a year old which in a new computer wouldn't be likely.   It was a common issue for ATI/AMD cards up to about a year ago.

My graphics card is brand new .. top of the line, the drivers are the latest and I always have my vbo turned off...it minimises the flashes... and it a new computer too... my clouds still have the star shapes... I notice that they do settle down after a while.. so I no longer worry about them.   As an aside you can get a really weird effect from them if you flip your cam up and look directly up at them..... looks like you are in a cone or an inverted bowl... Ha ve a sneaky suspicion the high end graphics cards might just see too far into SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.