Sign in to follow this  
Aiden Zufreur

a question about emoting on viewer 2

Question

12 answers to this question

Aiden Zufreur wrote:

in pms the /me works fine... but when i type it into the local feed nothing happens...  kinda hard to explain i guess

Nothing happens as in no text at all??   Does anything you say in local chat appear in the text window?  If not, could be that you have muted yourself.

--Cinn

Aiden Zufreur wrote:

i can talk normally in the chat .. justwhen i try to use the /me emote thingy nothing appears..

Open your active gestures (Ctrl G) and check down the list that you know what they all are, especially if there is one is with a trigger of /me.

There are some RPGs that use gestures to trigger your chat onto a different channel.

Aiden Zufreur wrote:

i can talk normally in the chat .. justwhen i try to use the /me emote thingy nothing appears..

If nothing appears at all, I would look to see if perhaps you have a gesture that uses /me as a trigger.

--Cinn

Aiden Zufreur wrote:

what do you mean?

What do you mean what do we mean?...I thought we were pretty clear hehe

1. Click Ctrl G to open you active gesture list

2. Click on the word "Trigger" at the top of column 1

3. Scroll down the list of triggers (which are now in alphabetical order) until you find one that says .. /me

4. If there is one there, click to highlight it, hit the EDIT button & in the window that opens, uncheck the box that says "Active" & click SAVE.

Peewee.Musytari wrote:

What do you mean what do we mean?...I thought we were pretty clear hehe

1. Click Ctrl G to open you active gesture list

2. Click on the word "Trigger" at the top of column 1

3. Scroll down the list of triggers (which are now in alphabetical order) until you find one that says .. /me

4. If there is one there, click to highlight it, hit the EDIT button & in the window that opens, uncheck the box that says "Active" & click SAVE.

One adjustment for Viewer 2.  The column that has the triggers is called Chat.  Other than that, follow Peewee's instructions and see if you can find a trigger that says  /me.  Make that gesture Inactive and your emote problem should go away.

--Cinn

Aiden Zufreur wrote:

peewee and cinn, thanks it worked...

Yay!! Great news...Glad to help

@Cinn Is there any word they haven`t changed in v2 just to make things more confusing? LOL ty for the edit