Group Land, one co-owner suspended. What should I do?

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a co-owner of group land that I bought for the group. I was paying half the tier & another co-owner was paying the other half. I recently found out his account has been suspended for not paying his tier.  The whole group is fine with me selling off half the land & keeping the rest for myself.

What should I do first to clear up the mess with Linden Labs, though?  Should I put $40 into this other owners PayPal account, so his tier will be payed & his account will be reactivated? Should I up my tier to $75 & transfer the group land to a group I own myself?  I'll need to sell off half the land & then reduce my own tier to $40 after this is done.

The land is in a very nice Mature region, next to a cliff with an unobstructed ocean view, so I want to keep the ocean-view part for myself.

6 answers to this question

Do you have any members that are premium & are not using their free 512 allowance (even for a linden home) ? If so they could deed 512 to the group and cover the difference until your co-owner gets his account back.

You can also sell off his land from the group without having to add it to your own tier. Check that only the owner role has "Pay group lianilities & receive dividends" checked or any money that goes to the group from the land sale will be divided between everyone. If only the owner role has that ability all the money will be sent to your account the day after the sale.

• Like 1

Persephone Emerald wrote:

I'm a co-owner of group land that I bought for the group. I was paying half the tier & another co-owner was paying the other half. I recently found out his account has been suspended for not paying his tier.  The whole group is fine with me selling off half the land & keeping the rest for myself.

What should I do first to clear up the mess with Linden Labs, though?  Should I put $40 into this other owners PayPal account, so his tier will be payed & his account will be reactivated? Should I up my tier to $75 & transfer the group land to a group I own myself?  I'll need to sell off half the land & then reduce my own tier to $40 after this is done.

The land is in a very nice Mature region, next to a cliff with an unobstructed ocean view, so I want to keep the ocean-view part for myself.

Well, at the point in time when the group tier cannot cover the land it owns, Linden will take the land.  So you are probably going to have to assume a higher tier for a month to keep the land.  It's hard to move land directly from one group to another.  The recommended procedure is to sell the land back to yourself and then deed it to a new group (See article linked below).   Off the top of my head, I would think the best course of action is 1) sell the land back to yourself. 2) Sub-divide the land into 2 parts. 3) Deed the part you are keeping to a new group and then 4) Sell the other parcel.

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_reclaim_group_land%3F

Do you have any members that are premium & are not using their free 512 allowance (even for a linden home) ? If so they could deed 512 to the group and cover the difference until your co-owner gets his account back.

You can also sell off his land from the group without having to add it to your own tier. Check that only the owner role has "Pay group lianilities & receive dividends" checked or any money that goes to the group from the land sale will be divided between everyone. If only the owner role has that ability all the money will be sent to your account the day after the sale.

In the group that currently owns this parcel, we had about 6 co-owners, but only myself & the owner who is now suspended were paying tier out of our PayPal accounts, thoough others were giving him money in RL to pay their share. I don't think I can come up with enough tier from other people to cover his share, which was an 1/8 of a region.

When I do sell off the portion of this land that I don't want to keep, the sale dividend will go to all owners, even though I paid for the land myself. I expect the other co-owners will refund me the money, though, even without me asking them to do so.

Can I sell off group land while one of the owners is suspended, then?

Cinnamon.Lohner wrote:

Well, at the point in time when the group tier cannot cover the land it owns, Linden will take the land.  So you are probably going to have to assume a higher tier for a month to keep the land.  It's hard to move land directly from one group to another.  The recommended procedure is to sell the land back to yourself and then deed it to a new group (See article linked below).   Off the top of my head, I would think the best course of action is 1) sell the land back to yourself. 2) Sub-divide the land into 2 parts. 3) Deed the part you are keeping to a new group and then 4) Sell the other parcel.

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_reclaim_group_land%3F

Thanks. Sounds like I need to up my own tier to keep from losing the land, then sell off the portion I don't want before reducing my tier again.

Funny how trying to help my friends have group land turned into so much of a mess for me.  :-/

Thanks. I already increased my tier & transfered the all the group land to my own land group, then divided it in half & set the half I didn't want for sale. This way, when it sells all the dividends go to me & my partner, who I can be sure will transfer the money back to me.

Thanks to both you & Cinn for speedy replies.   This whole group land thing has been a fiasco.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.