new credit card info not being accepted- says payment failed- try another payment method

michaelmas Jenvieve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

michaelmas Jenvieve wrote:

I lost my credit card and was  issued a new  one by my credit card company- the number is different  so  updated my billing information  and  put in the new number- but this is  the error messaged i get:

Sorry, your payment failed.   Please try another payment method

can anyone help-?

Pick up phone.  Call Billing.  Open 24/7

--Cinn

If you have a non-technical issue with your account you can also call our Billing team at:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

France: 0805.101.490

Germany: 0800.664.5510

Japan: 0066.33.132.830

Portugal: 800.814.450

Spain: 800.300.560

UK: 0800.048.4646

Support is in English Only

• Like 1

not working for me either,I try and try and try, Even got a new creditcard .I will loose my land over this and an answer is nowhere to by found.What happened to the support tickets. That was easy support ,now we can call?....Im not calling, this is a bad change in sl.At least I think so:smileysad:

@ Benthe,

The Billing numbers are free to call and open 24 hrs 7 days a week, so they are convenient for a fast reply rather than waiting for a ticket. 

You can of course still submit a ticket if you prefer https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ or you can email to support@payments.secondlife.com  or (if you have a Premium account) you can speak to LiveChat https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

If you desperately need L$ quickly, you could try one of the other approved exchanges until Lindex is working properly for you  https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Dollar_Marketplace

• Like 1

Helloo

i've tried also,i use this alt now and want(ed) also put my credit card and come premium but OHH noo,don't accept it..But my main who is already (long time) premium and use credit card without prbs....so far,but dangggggg,NOOO when i want put paym.used in alt too. and i can't call,too expensive for me,i've submit a ticket already,after i tried with different Pc's ( partner's one ),but same error.Drives mad.:(

The same is happening to me ..I've tried several times and nothing to do and the email to contact LL is not working..my mail 'snt been delivered.....i tried to phone but and an electronic voice said to wait and after waiting a long time..said nobody answered bye...""  What can I do??? i phoned my bank and my VISA credit card seems to be fine......It's frustating...

Same issue here, was not able to purchase Lindens.  Deleted my card and went to re-add it (same card).  Got the same message as Michael got.  Added Paypal card in just fine, but still not able to purchase Lindens.   Tried calling billing support just now, and was told that my bank had probably put a hold on the card.  (My account is set up with fraud alert so I know that is not the case.)  I was informed that they were not able to clear my billing info, as they did with Michael, that I would just have to call my bank and get them to unblock it.  (Hi, its not blocked!!)  And then once they do that, I should be able to re-add my card.  So I guess I will call my bank when it opens, to be told its not blocked, and then called them back again.   GRRRR.

Edited by River Abonwood
Spelling Error

It isn't by any chance a debit card, is it?  Those used to work, but were phased out as an acceptable option starting a year ago. Ones that were already in the system are apparently still accepted, but you can't add a new debit card.  Use a real credit card.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.