Beginner Photographer

20s

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely day.

I've been painting on photoshop from scratch since 2011, and since then I have went on to get a degree in fine art. Most of my time has been taken up drawing and painting, but just as a hobby. I thought about trying out Second Life photography for quite a while, and so far I have only made two pictures. I made more in the past, but I wasn't sure what I was doing.

Basically I'm here looking for helpful tips, some critique and a possible price range, as I do not know how much this stuff goes for on Second Life. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here are the two I've done so far. Please do not use or claim these as your own. The top one belongs to myself, and Synsato Resident owns the bottom one.

1.png

1.jpg

Photography in SL is a competitive market and don't expect to earn some big money just like that. 

Tips:

1. make more photos,
  2. advertise yourself,
  3. check other photographers and see how they do it,
  4. practice and try new things,
  5. connect with as many people as you can.

Critique:

1. master the liquify tool,
  2. don't be affraid to express your creativity (go nuts with it),
  3. don't burn avatars skins,
  4. shoot in ultra or learn how to make your photos like they were taken in ultra quality graphic settings,
  5. everything you have learned about the human anatomy - apply it on avatars and make them more realistic (look the shoulders of the guy in white shirt).

Hope it helps a bit and good luck :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.