Belleza Applier Help!!!

Jordyn McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having all sorts of issues getting the appliers to work properly for my awesome Belleza body!  They are either missing bits or just vanish - usually when I'm in public!

04b1b-52f59aa9-addb-4bdd-bca0-7720921b973c.png 
Take stockings for example.  They either end up missing the top...

04b1b-981ed1cf-7626-44b9-9f68-f4ed5ca5f794.png
...or I get the top, feet and maybe a bit inbetween, but never the whole stocking.  

What am I doing wrong?

Most applier layres work like system layers. So...try this....Turn all the layers off. Next, turn on the tattoo layers..and yes sometimes things are put on the tat layres. Then the panties/stockings/feet, then the pants layer and see if that solves your problem. If not. drop a notecard to Ivy, the Sn@tch owner, and see if she can help...there may be a glitch in the applier. WHen you do the notecards for them, you have to be really careful to get the right layer and sometimes you mess up. As a designer, I've done that several times.

• 3 weeks later...

That most definitely is an alpha sorting issue.

My guess is that you are wearing a 32-bit texture on one layer and a 32-bit texture on another (looks like maybe you have stockings on and underpants - two different appliers). Unfortunately, SL has issues with that and can't decide which texture to show. A 32-bit texture is one with an alpha channel which tells the texture where to be transparent (or semi transparent). It's wonderful these mesh bodies offer so many different layers with their bodies, but because almost all clothing applier textures have alpha channels, you will have alpha sorting issues (SL graphics engine can not decide which texture to give priority to) when trying to wear one over another.

It's not the fault of the body creator. It's not the fault of the applier creator. It's the way SL is. It is possible the stocking applier wasn't made to be one single layer and the creator layered parts but looking at the HUDs in your picture it doesn't appear that is the case.

You don't see this issue on the default body because SL "bakes" all the textures into one texture when applying it onto your body (why you sometimes are blurry for a short moment). Also, if you skin maker has an alpha channel anywhere in their skin appliers, you run into the possibility of having this issue. Skins shouldn't have alpha channels but you would be surprised how once in awhile one does for whatever strange reason.

There really is no solution because this is how SL's graphic engine works. The only way to avoid it is to not layer appliers over one another - which makes all the costly layers these mesh bodies offer somewhat worthless.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.