Do any of the viewers run on an iPad?

Ron Verrazzano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

In this interview with the new CEO

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/02/rod-humble-linden-lab-ceo-second-life-inteview.html

he says

“I want to figure out how to interact in Second Life first before going  to other platforms... Before then, it’s the cart before the horse.”   However, he added, making an SL for the iPad is still a long term goal.

• Like 1

Hello, even Mac and iPad/iPhone share the OS the difference is the CPU speed and the Graphics.

However some text only clients with rough mapping and inventory support, fully chat, are avail.

The new Linden CEO spoke about this in an interview and who knows what will happen when this "HTML"-viewer is released.

• Like 1

Hi Ron,

There is a client for iPad but it doesn't fully integrate graphics -- it's more for chatting and media, sending and receiving Linden Dollars, etc. You can read more about it here:  http://goo.gl/ec0EN

The implementation for the Mac the full viewer, available both from Linden Labs and from 3rd parties. In fact I'm using it right now. There's a big difference between a Mac and an iPad, but with the new iPad 2 that comes out this month (dual core processor and 9x time faster graphics than original iPad) who know? If Linden Labs doesn't develop a version for this new iPad perhaps a 3rd party development group such as Phoenix might tackle it? But that's just a guess.

Jerry (aka Groovy Greenberg)

Download an app for your ipad called Splashtop Remote.  You'll need to install a (free) program on your SL PC, and if your PC is already chugging trying to run SL this probably won't work great for you.  If you have a fast dual core or better PC with a decent graphics card though, this is your ticket.  It will bring SL to your Ipad in full graphics, and will even let you hear sound (although you can't talk over it).  Good Luck!

As mentioned here, you can play around in Second Life on the iPad by accessing it remotely from your computer, via an app called Splashtop. And the best thing is, the touch interface actually works inworld! See my YouTube vid, where my avie walks, sits, tps, flies, chats, dances, changes clothes, snaps pix, hugs and kisses - all with swipes and taps on the iPad screen. 

For how-to, see my blog post http://baysweetwater.com/second-life-on-the-ipad/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.