Particle Emitter Script WON'T Go Away!!!

Pinky Pixelmaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, this issue has been driving me crazy, and I'm at my wits end!  I have a pair of earrings that were given to me as a gift.  They are full perm, hoop-style with three black beads at the bottom, and they "bling."  The "bling" particle emitter script is in one of the black beads.  I have tried STOPPING the script, I have tried REMOVING the script entirely, which I can do because they are full perm.

HOWEVER...no matter what I do, they #%@&* things KEEP ON BLINGING!!!  How can they continue to emit particles when I have completely removed the scripts?  One in each earring, both removed, deleted, gone...still the earrings emit particles.

Can someone please explain to me how this is happening, and how in blazes I can make them STOP?!!!  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

HI, that is how particle systems work, they stay on the prim even after the script is gone. The script only does the setup work. Make a new script like this in your inventory, then drag it to the offending prim to make it stop.

default {
    state_entry() {
        llParticleSystem([]);
        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }
}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.