"Login Failed" ???

AngelvsDevil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yes, this account is new...but I'm not.  I have alt accounts that I use at times, and I've been able to log into at least one of those just fine.  But this one I can't seem to get online.  Every time I try I get "Login Failed."

Why is it that I can't log this account in, but I can with another?  I'm using the same computer, same internet connection, and I'm able to log into the website with no problems.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can solve this problem??  Thanks.

Your avatar is probly stuck online .

Login failed.
The system is logging you out right now.
Your Account will not be available until xxxxxx

If you crashed in a glitchy sim they will have to refresh it to get oyu out.

If you have an alt sometimes sending them a item or a IM will  get them out.

I am getting it too..

My friend  told me im online ..

But, i am not.

As far as I know I'm not online and I shouldn't be.  I logged out last night and this is the first I've tried to log in today.  I'm not getting the message that the system is logging me out...I'm only getting "Login Failed."

This account is on my alts' friends list, and it doesn't list this account as online when I log her in.....so I'm not sure that's the issue.

Thank you for the reply, though.

At least I know if that is the problem then it's not just me.  lol

If the message is just Login failed and no other text, check first that you can login to the SL website (if you are posting here on the same account we can assume that works) in which case clear your cache manually & try logging in to a different start location.

(XP) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\AppData\SecondLife
(Vista) Go to C:\Users\ <user name>\AppData\Local\SecondLife
(Win 7) Go to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife

Delete all the files in that folder, then restart the viewer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View  & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to find the folder you want.

Thank you TC for replying...however, I've already tried what Marigold's post suggested, and that doesn't help.  My issue can't be a "ghosting" issue because as far as I know I'm not logged in.  I don't get the "system is logging you out" message....I'm only getting "Login Failed."

I logged out last night...hours ago.  And I had no problems logging out.  No crashes or anything.  I'm not sure what's going on.

I have exactly the same issue. I also logged out last night just fine and today get the simple "Login Failed" message. It is not ghosting as I do not show online to friends. I am unable to log on with any computer whether mac or pc nor with any viewer. However I am able to log on with an alt in any computer or any viewer. Glad it is not just me as well but sorry we're having this issue in common.

add one more to those experiancing the same problem, i can log into any of my alts, or at least the 2 i have tried, but i cannot log into my main, yeah, i can log into alts i havent used 1 L$ on, but i cant log into the main with 30+ avatars which has had to much L$ used to count ~.~ HOWEVER

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

they say they are working on it, should be safe to log in again sometime next week?

Hi Peewee, where would that be on a Mac?

Also: I just tried again but I used th SL Beta viewer instead. I still cannot login but I do not get the message "login failed", now I get  "the inventory system is curently unavailable" ... so what is the problem?

there are more than just log in issues going on right now. i can get inworld but i stay a cloud, my last 2 purchases dissapeared, and i can't even view notecards. server issues are strange that way. a seperate non related issue could be happening to you where you get stuck inworld or "ghosted". in order to take care of that you need to contact LL and have them clear your presence. if you are a premium account (even using an alt) use the live chat - it's the fastest way to get help. ask them to clear your presence. worst case scenerio they have to restart the sim. on the bright side there are rolling restarts today and it should clear up then.

Yeah, I'm Having the same troubles.. Like every time i go to log in it says.. Log in failed you can relog at pacific time, so i relog at the time it says XX:XX:XX or whatever and every time i do it and try and log in it loads 4 about a sec and than goes back to login failed and gives me a new time, so than i have to wait even longer.. It has been doing this 4, 2 days now.. Help.. Iv tired everything to fix it.. Diff servers.. Uninstalling and reinstalling them.. Changing data.. Sending stuff 4 my inventory to my AV.. Nothing will work.. Nothing.. HELP!!! Plz.. Thanks..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.