No L$ in the Preview Grid

SirCharlesDeVeer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

I'm very new to all this. I've built a prim (using AC3D software) and I've uploaded it. I understand that I can also upload images etc for testing purposes to the Preview Grid and it doesn't cost any L$ according to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid_Common_Questions. This would be really useful. I can log in fine to the Preview Grid fine but when I get there I have zero L$ and there is no way I can buy them. Have I missed something here? Is there something I need to do to get L$ in Aditi?

Thanks for your help.

13 answers to this question

Interesting, back in the day, you always used to have the SL balance from when you first you logged into the Beta grid, plus a basic default amount...Can`t remember how much it was, something like 5000L, in case your balance was 0L

I just logged my alt in there for the first time (she always has 0L cos I don`t trust her with money lol) and you are correct she has 0L in there too. I doubled checled with my main account and she still has the balance she had when she first went in there (nothing like her current balance).

I wonder when they stopped giving the default amount? Unless thats a bug.

I dont know if this will be helpful for L$ Balance (apparently it's helpful for inventory):

Updating Your Account on Aditi

We have an account auto updater system of sorts in place. If you  cannot log into ADITI or would like your inventory updated change your  password. Then your account will be updated automagically within 24  hours. You have the control to update your accounts now. You no longer  need to message Oskar for account updates to ADITI.

Account Update Steps

1. Change your login password on AGNI.
  2. Wait 24 hours.
  3. Log into ADITI.
  4. Rejoice!!

Fom http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid#Updating_Your_Account_on_Aditi

I was under the impression that you could upload in the preview grid and it doesn't charge you, is that not the case?  I am in the preview grid now, and can't seem to go anywhere and don't have the option of uploading, I am guessing it is for the same reason, that my linden is not active here.  So that part is answered, but I am still confused about whether the preview grid actually costs linden to upload.  

The uploads work the same way as in the main grid, the only difference is that the money in the beta grid is fake, so you can spend it all and it won`t affect your "real" SL linden balance.

The problem that the OP had is that he had no linden balance in the beta grid, so he couldn`t pay the fake lindens for the uploads. If you have the same problem ( a 0L balance in there) you can try asking someone else in there to give you some Lindens or do as the OP did here & change your password & wait 24 hours.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.