Sign in to follow this  
McKaela Kiama

Cannot edit my profile, please help!

Question

I don`t use 2.5 so sorry I can`t answer most of your question but as far as the character counts go, I checked the ones on your profile at the moment and they are 507 and 254...Try removing 7 from the first one and see if it accepts it then.

16 answers to this question

I don`t use 2.5 so sorry I can`t answer most of your question but as far as the character counts go, I checked the ones on your profile at the moment and they are 507 and 254...Try removing 7 from the first one and see if it accepts it then.

I tried deleting both bios out completely so I don't know what to do... if I delete out my first life info, it tells me that the other is too long, and vice verse... I've tried deleting both, but it doesn't fix it and my current info returns as soon as I try.

As I told PeeWee a moment ago:

"I tried deleting both bios out completely so I don't know what to do... if I delete out my first life info, it tells me that the other is too long, and vice verse... I've tried deleting both, but it doesn't fix it and my current info returns as soon as I try."

That includes trying to just shorten them... I've put single words in there to see and it never works.

Not sure if you use the same SL version as I do, but when I right click on myself and go to profile, it loads in a browser.  Same if I try to view my provile via that ID card-shaped tab on the right (2.0+).  But, this does give me an idea, I may try going to an earlier version of SL and editing from there.

What if you used one of the other viewers that supports Display names, such as Phoenix and I think Kristens does too, login on one of those, change your display name in the edit menu & make whatever changes you want to profile pic and bios and presumably that will carry forward onto the 2.5 viewer when you login there.

...............you WORKED to put your RL info up on the web for every data miner on the planet?????

Did you enjoy having your computer's innards poked around in by those Like and Tweet buttons on your web profile???

(Oh,yeah, you don't even have to click on them or have a Facebook or Twitter account.   They're awesome.)

facepalm.jpg