I'm not a fan, so how do I.....?

Lacey Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How do I leave a subscribe group of someones 'Fan Club'?

I do not remember ever joining it, if I did it was purely accidental, I contacted the 'person' to ask to be removed from her fan club, she didn't answer me and so I took one of the zillions of TP's/LM's to find her and ask her in local to remove me....she got all snotty with me, and yes I was being bitchy too, because everytime I logged in I was getting spam from her fan club, so anyways I need to know how I can 'unsubscribe' from this thing, she told me to 'just click it' I asked 'click what?' she never replied, so after a few words from the other people standing there I muted her as she wouldnt answer me...(this was last september) I hadnt been getting them in world, and I had my email notifications shut off until recently as I need to have them on now, and since then I get her spam in my emails! >.<

so is there anythig that I can do without having to talk to her directly? lol

10 answers to this question

If the message is from a subscribo, typically there will be a SLURL included somewhere, saying the message originated from such n such subscribo @ SLURL here. If there is the SLURL, click the link to go to the location, find the subscribo box and click on the unsubscribe button.

ETA: You could also block/mute the owner of the subscribo group and you'll no longer see the messages.

Sounds like a Subscribe-O-Matic thing? Go to her shop/club/whatever and click the Subscribe-O-Matic kiosk?

I thought I saw a URL here in the Forums recently to review/manage all of the groups that you're subscribed to through this system, but I can't seem to find it, and I can't see anything like that on the Subscribe-O-Matic site.

After going through my browser history, I found it was hippoGROUPS, not Subscribe-O-Matic, that allows you to manage your subbed groups. Here's the URL: http://www.hippo-tech-sl.com/myhippogroups/

If it's S-O-M, have a look at this thread: https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/66523#66523. Sounds like group management was in the works..

• Like 1

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

After going through my browser history, I found it was hippoGROUPS, not Subscribe-O-Matic, that allows you to manage your subbed groups. Here's the URL: http://www.hippo-tech-sl.com/myhippogroups/

If it's S-O-M, have a look at this thread: https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/66523#66523. Sounds like group management was in the works..

Oh thank you, I will check it out! ^^

I don't know if this is your situation or not, but some of the more desperate business ppl (and performers I guess) put ppl on a spam list without their consent, which is ARable. And then some of them have the nerve to tell the spamee to unsubscribe themselves, or they refuse to take them off the list (because the spamee is not always able to take himself off).

Well I went to the 'hippo sight, unsubscribed all groups from here, H%^%n's Fan Club was not one of them so it must be Subscribomatic....I left her an IM and sent her a n/c I guess my next step will be ARing her...i've been polite about it i'm just tired of getting extra junk i dont want or need in my email. or in world.

Thanks for the replies all

I've dealt with this very issue recently. I started getting spammed from a clothing designer's subscribo and I've never heard of the designer. I went to the location the message was sent from only to not find a subscribo and ended up having to simply mute the designer/object. I've also had the issue of owners moving the subscribo box to a location nobody but them can get to. That owner was nice though and removed me when asked to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.