Can't Load Cloths?!

Onlos Day

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I'v tried everything i can think to load my cloths Ctrl+Alt+R, resetting my viewer, and when i try opening my appearance editor and it says i can't open of up it because I have not finished downloading my cloths. I also tried clearing my cache and i tried resetting settings and nothing yet. I even tried to change my skin, shape, shirt, and etc.... and it says i can't do that till i finish downloading my cloths so i walk away an hour later and i still cant do anything about it. Help Please

5 answers to this question

doubleclick the SL icon on your desktop and bring up the login screen - do not login.

click edit then preferences... then the network tab and 'clean cache'

exit the login screen... then raise it again (this will clean the cache)

once done, login and type a letter into your inventory search box... ideally everything should load just fine.

...if not, keep posting here for more solution steps.

best of luck

• Like 1

Using your preferences, find out where on your computer your cache is located.

Image:kb_PrefNetowrkDefault.png

Go into your computer, find your cache, and move it to somewhere else on your computer (ie 'my documents')

Restart your computer, login to Secondlife.

(this forces a reinstall of your inventory straight from the LL servers... using the logic that something in your cache may be corrupted thus the reason your inventory won't load... getting rid of your cache gets rid of the problem, and reinstalling from the server gets you your inventory back in perfect working order.  The reason you move your cache to eg my documents instead of outright deleting it is in case something goes wrong, you still have that cache as a backup... delete it when the problem is solved)

• Like 1

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base), huds etc and a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.