I have so many questions!

Sofiee Aiten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I have a few questions and I have been on Second Life for almost a week. My questions are:  Where are some good places for me to take pictures at? What are some good places to visit and hang out at? Like clubs etc: Are there any good modeling school in world? How can I get a job?  Thanks alot!

4 answers to this question

If you haven't already, take a look at the Destination Guide to hopefully find some of the types of places you are looking for: http://secondlife.com/destinations/

Don't neglect inworld search though! There are lots of cool 'hidden gems' that won't be listed on the Destination Guide. Simply type into search things such as "hangout" "club" "modelling" "jobs" etc and go exploring

So I have a few questions and I have been on Second Life for almost a week.

welcome to Secondlife Sofiee  : )

My questions are:  Where are some good places for me to take pictures at?

You will find your 'search' button your best friend when looking for pretty much anything inworld, it is on the lower taskbar.  Click it, enter "free clothes" or "great wall of china" or "space park" for scenic places; free clothes, free skins, beach, windsurfing... from shapes to sex it's there .

What are some good places to visit and hang out at? Like clubs etc.

Depends on what your opinion of what 'good' is.  There are dance clubs like the one I work at that are adult content in theme with DJs who take requests and will play any rock song you ask them to while others on the opposite end of the spectrum do ballroom dance and fancy gowns and formal atmospheres; there is country, jazz, industrial, bet there is even polkas.  Kareoke is big also I hear.  Again, enter search and select what sounds appealing.

Are there any good modeling school in world? How can I get a job?

Well if you're a new avi my guess is you might be wearing a free or relatively inexpensive skin and such... from what i've heard from friends only people who have spent big bucks in skins shapes makeup hair nailpolish actually get the big paying modeling jobs.  The average paying modeling job is sitting in a store chatting up the customers, and it barely pays.  That said I could be entirely wrong and my friends entirely incorrect, I've never tried to be a model so, dunno.  You can find modelling places using search also - and best of luck.

My suggestion is first you find a good club, a place you like to spend time at, where the music and people are good - and try getting a job there.  Might as well get paid by being at a place you like being at anyway  : )   When you're at such a club IM the host or a manager and ask how someone applies for a job there - they will send you an application... fill it out, send it to them, they'd take it from there; much like reallife.

Have fun!  Secondlife can be great fun.

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me how to get started in Second Life. I am New to Second Life and wanted to know how to get started. I can't even Locate My Avatar to dress it or even buy new things for it. Any help would be appreciated. This place is HUGE and I feel lost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.