Sign in to follow this  
RoxyWillis

NorthPoint Hospital - Realistic Psychiatric Roleplay

NorthPoint Hospital is a brand new 48 bed facility which takes Adolescent and Adult patients. We are taking patients right now as well as looking to fill staff positions including, Nurses, Therapists and Floor staff. We are a realistic psychiatric hospital and we are not BDSM, rape or dungeon like. We are the first psychiatric roleplay in SecondLife and we are striving to be the best. Come down to the sim and join our team, or become a patient! Adolescent patients should be 13-17 and adult patients are 18+.

As a person with mental illness it concerns me that people would want to actually roleplay this.

Sure, whatever floats your boat, but the distress and pain one puts up on a daily basis for years, decades, your entire lifetime is one so extreme and debilitating that I can't imagine "normals" would want to pretend to have it.

But I guess, like the rape sims, it takes something that is painful, scary, life destroying and glorifies it.

@Sean Heying: You would be surprised the amount of people out there on Second Life who roleplay mental illness very well.  Usually, they have or had such issues in the past.  But, set all that aside, I don't think the aim/goal of this roleplay is to find people who like to roleplay crazy, but to add storelines to their character.  Just like prison roleplays, who actually WANTS to be in prison? :)