Pre-Built Gaming Computer for This Game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please, I need assistance. I understand this has been covered in a variety of ways and done to death but research has yielded few leads.
My mom loves Second Life and her gaming computer died today. She needs a gaming computer that can run SL extremely well that is already built (trust me, we're not technologically advanced) and has Windows 7 as she hates Windows 8. A couple of models I found don't have Windows 7.

Most of the topics on this speak of building or upgrades even when the person posted (like me) that it wasn't an option.

Thanks for your time.

the simplist advice is to the buy the best spec computer you can afford

main thing is get the best gfx card you can within your budget. Like if get a NVidia card then just make sure the middle number is 6 or higher. *60 *70 *80 etc. Higher is better than lower

other thing is get a SSD harddrive as the C: drive. Most new computers come with SSD drives as C: these days . Just check that it is

+

a thing that gets missed sometimes is the monitor

again get the best you can afford. Like one with a crisp display that suits your Mums eyesight. Sometimes people spend heaps on everything and get a monitor based on brand (bc speccy numbers yada) and not based on their actual eyesight. They get eyestrain more easily bc of it. Best to visit the computer shops to gauge this

like if bc of cost and had to choose between a lesser gfx card (a *60 or *50 even) and a really good monitor, or a super fast gfx and a bad monitor. then I would always go with the lesser gfx and good monitor that suits my eyes

+

just about Windows 8.1

can have it start in Desktop mode now. So goes pretty much like Win7 Desktop. Win8.1 is a whole lot faster than Win7 as well

if the plan is to get the fastest gamig rig that you can afford then I suggest go with Win8.1

i had a love/hate relationship with it at the start. Now I been using Win8 since 2 years now and I wouldnt go back to Win7. Its soo slooooww! comparatively when I do have to use a Win7 computer (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.