New Sign In Issue

Stephan Wolfhunter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, All,

A friend of mine set up a new SL account (this is her first time trying it). I was able to get her through the sign in, but now she is at the Terms and Conditions page, and it will not let her click the accept box so she can go on in. Has anyone had this problem before? Anyone know how to deal with it?

Thanks in advance!

Stephan

5 answers to this question

Stephan Wolfhunter wrote:

A friend of mine set up a new SL account (this is her first time trying it). I was able to get her through the sign in, but now she is at the Terms and Conditions page, and it will not let her click the accept box so she can go on in. Has anyone had this problem before? Anyone know how to deal with it?

Have her download the 1.23 Viewer and use that to accept the terms of service.  After she logs in for the first time, then she can use whichever viewer works best for her.

--Cinn

Stephan Wolfhunter wrote:

Thanks! I'll have her try it and see. She's using phoenix because she said viewer 2 won't run on her comp.

Yes there have been reports of Phoenix having this problem as well.  The first time it showed up was with Viewer 2.  Using the 1.23 viewer is a quick workaround that seems to work for most people.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.