Thinking of getting a mesh avatar

Phoebe Ayres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All those shops on one sim with all those people and those huds all working away..I've never seen more than 58 be able to get on at one time..I can never get there unless it is under 54..

They need a sim for each of their sections just about..There is just too much congestion as well as too much eye candy in one place..

I know you are not the only one that has left because of the reason of not being able to do much of anything..I've done it more than a few times already..Even on SLGO the rubberbanding drove me crazy enough to leave..

I really wish their system was as good as their body..just the lengths people are going through to get it shows they would do really well with a better system and would make more and be even bigger..

I think the more we see more bodies, the more they are gonna feel it and have to do something..

Which I hear the maker of Ghetto Booty is releasing a body here shortly also..

I hope the makers of Phatazz do the same at some point..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I suspect Belleza had to pause some of its update work while fighting the DMCA - but they've announced what they are working on with regards to an update. Improvements to their alpha system, and probably a few other things as well.

I seriously hope Maitreya doesn't also have to fight a DMCA... We could use some stability in this field...

I guess the only reason it took so long for Belleza to react is because Tricky was on vacation..I heard they even cut the trip short to come back and deal with it..

It would be nice to see some  body options  for the belleza body in the future..I love that body until i get to the butt..If i could just get more Boom to the Chicca, it would be hard for me to take it off hehehe

I think Onyx reaction to a DMCA would be right away and right back up there pretty quick..They seem to always be around..

If they gets hit,then i'm gonna stop thinking this is just some silly griefer messing around and start thinking  it's someone trying to eliminate competition..

Hopefully they just quit after they failed with the Belleza attempt and realize, that when you mess with the big dogs ,they tend to stand their ground..

The real issue is fear of lawyers and courts.

Some people are terribly afraid of the legal system.

Some people cannot afford the legal system.

More people THINK they cannot afford the legal system.Many people cannot afford the time of the legal system

- this for example is what gets the minority communities in places like Ferguson. You get a ticket or fine that is no good or false... but to defend yourself you have to take a day off from work (or several) and sit in a courthouse. One day off for many people can mean not paying rent, or getting fired. So these fines and tickets become summary judgements and fines and fees stack on - then people default on the payment, and the cops lock them in jail... where because they are in jail - the fines get higher.
- This despite 'Debtor's Prisons' being one of the reasons of the Revolution and I believe unconstitutional.

Belleza had it appears, a lawyer on retainer. Every business that makes enough to "pay somebody's RL rent" should have that. Its about $100-200 / month to have one on retainer and that gives you a certain amount of time to just send papers their way and have them tell you what's going on - so do it. Pass every document, tax bill, etc you get to them.

I helped a friend do that - they got sued by a client fraudulently. The lawyer had a full case drafted and a motion to dismiss. He was even ready to attack the other side's attorney for ethical violation because the case was "that bad"...
But my friend was afraid of the court system, thought US courts were biased against people of my friend's religion (Jewish - go figure: both attorneys and the judge assigned to it were Jewish - but fear of courts is not rational), and settled...

Maitreya had better already have a lawyer on retainer, and already be willing and ready to reveal all of their RL info. Because it looks like, to do a successful business in SL now, you have to give up your privacy and be almost happy to hang out in courtrooms.

Oh i agree..

We have a few lawyers on our payroll for our RL businesses,we have to have them..There is just too much at stake to not have them  on the payroll..

We just look at it as we would having insurance for our business..If someone were to break in and rob us blind of everything in the building, we are insured..It's just as important to have it for the ones that would rob you blind  on the outside as well..

If you are investing your life into something ,it needs the best protection that can be afforded to it..

• 1 month later...

Slink got a new update the other night. Last night I think.

Its looks quite different in the bosom now, and seems more smooth in the body overall.

They updated the feet and hands too - and the new models no longer have sizes, but you use a HUD to change which 'standard size' to fit to. The scripts got a LOT bigger though.

The avatar draw weight of Slink is about twice that of Belleza, and I have yet to compare Maitreya.

The Alpha HUD of slink was improved a lot.

The applier system is still a closed system though - no Omega.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly that Slink update made tons of things not work. Mostly in the leg area. Lots of skirts clip right at the edge now where the alpha hud won't fix it. Lots of shoes when you turn on the stockings option also clip and there was some updates since the update and still most of my skirts and shoes clip now . Quite a few people I know have the same problems and it seems no update from the creators is planned when I contacted a good amount of them. The part that sucks is alot of this is expensive gacha stuff to that is rare or gone. I still use the body prior to the update but it's disappointing the update trashed 1000s of items, many favorites. Yet everything still works fine with Maitreya's body and this has sort of pushed me into just sticking with that body when I do use them for screenshots or whatever.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Slink got a new update the other night. Last night I think.

Its looks quite different in the bosom now, and seems more smooth in the body overall.

They updated the feet and hands too - and the new models no longer have sizes, but you use a HUD to change which 'standard size' to fit to. The scripts got a LOT bigger though.

The avatar draw weight of Slink is about twice that of Belleza, and I have yet to compare Maitreya.

The Alpha HUD of slink was improved a lot.

The applier system is still a closed system though - no Omega.

I like the shape of the new slink alot. The script issue can be solved by using the script removal tool from the store. And I like the bikini available in store for it. I have got my render weight down to under 60,000 and it is now my go to sailing outfit.

I flit between mesh project, slink and maitreya for different looks. I think the Maitreya is maybe going to be the most interesting to follow as they expand the lines of clothes compatible with it. The Mesh project still has more and that fur coat is just so snuggly. But Maitreya are quickly catching up.

My partner tried the mesh project head (I don't recall any problems demoing it at home after grabbing the demos) and I have tried the slink head.. but after a few days wearing them.. we weren't happy with having to do expressions manually through a Hud..Maybe for photgraphers they are good, but for everyday use I wouldn't recommend them.

Yes the script removal tool came out shortly after I made the above post. Either my comments were seen, or somebody else was making the same complaint. :)

It is an improvement. I still prefer Belleza but this one is now another entry in the 'worth looking at' category. At this point - its just personal preference between Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink - assuming one is fine not having access to Omega...

Maitreya Lara body is the best imo.  Although Slink still has most popular applier support, it's fading out as more and more people are buying alternatives, since its shape is simply plain and too similar to the ugly linden body compared to the other 3.

Maitreya:

Best looking shape, no cankles unlike TMP/Belleza

+ Second cheapest

+ Native support for almost all Glam Affair skins (appliers built right into hud)

+ Omega support, meaning next to no applier problems

+ Great customer service (almost guaranteed answer within 24 hours)

+ Free fatpack of fitted mesh lingerie that comes with it

+ 3 types of feet (low/mid/high) for free

+ Free hands

+ Most if not all clothes from Maitreya are fitted to this body for seamless fit. Since Maitreya is one of the best clothing shops in SL you should have no problem finding clothes for this body

- Very little shoes for its feet. You need to buy the Slink feet if you wanna wear shoes

- Fingernails use different UV map as Slink so you might have some trouble finding appliers unless it's Omega

TMP:

+ Has some great looking clothes fitted specifically to this body. No more fugly clothing layer garbage

+ Free functional non-watermark demo

+ Feet (separate purchase) has more shoes made for it than Maitreya

- Very expensive (5k for standard, 10k for same amount of functions as Maitreya body, whereas Maitreya only costs 2750)

- Those cankles

- You need to buy feet separately

- No Omega applier support. You're gonna have lots of problems finding appliers

Belleza:

+ Native support for Belleza skins

+ Comes with feet/hands

+ Its feet has more shoes made for it than Maitreya feet

- Very expensive (6k I think?)

- No Omega applier support. You're gonna have lots of problems finding appliers

- Elephant legs. Forget it if you want slightly thicker thighs cause that'll turn your calf into trunks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.