Okay this is probably a stupid question but...

Glitterophelia Khaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I appear to be blind and can't find the answer to it.  I want to abandon my Linden home.  I found someplace that of course costs me lindens but is much more suitable to my tastes.  The original plan was to drop the linden home and go back to basic, using the ten dollars a month towards lindens and towards paying my rent.  However I'm not sure I want to go basic because of the tech support....so I'm not sure what to do.  I know that I *do* want to get rid of my Linden Home however.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thoughts on keeping a premium account vs. switching to basic?

thanks everyone!!

-glitter

7 answers to this question

Hiya,

To abandon your Linden home, go there, take back all your stuff to your inventory, go to About Land & click the Abandon button.

As for staying Premium, yes you are correct there is almost no support for basic members, though having said that I guess you could always go Premium again for a month if you really needed help with something. Its really a matter only you can decide based on your own personal financial situation.

I would say that if you intend to Age Verify your account, I would do that before downgrading as there is no Manual verification for basic members if the automated one fails.

Glitterophelia Khaos wrote:

I appear to be blind and can't find the answer to it.  I want to abandon my Linden home.  I found someplace that of course costs me lindens but is much more suitable to my tastes.  The original plan was to drop the linden home and go back to basic, using the ten dollars a month towards lindens and towards paying my rent.  However I'm not sure I want to go basic because of the tech support....so I'm not sure what to do.  I know that I *do* want to get rid of my Linden Home however.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thoughts on keeping a premium account vs. switching to basic?

To get rid of your Linden home, go into World - Place Profile - About Land - General tab and click on Abandon Land

As far as premium vs basic, completely up to you.  However, when looking at your expenses, you may be paying $10 per month for membership but you are also getting 300L per week in stipend.  So if you want to spend the same amount of money, when going to basic, you should only spend $5 per month on rent and linden in order to match what you are doing now.

--Cinn

I would keep your premium membership - if you pay it yearly its only $72(US) and after stipend ($300L per week equals $59.00US per year) it cost you almost nothing.  I prefer to own mainland vs renting estate land but thats up to you... I still think paying a few dollars for quick access to support is worth it - if you keep your premium membership its definitely worth paying yearly vs monthly tho.

• Like 1

yeah you are probably right.  Unfortunately I seldom have 72.00 just laying around that I can put on a video game these days, I'm lucky if I get my cable bill paid before they shut me off. hehe.  But I do get your drift and agree with you.  There have been a couple of instances where tech support has been less than helpful, but for the most part I appreciate the work they do.  I may keep my account, I'll have to think on it.

thanks

glitter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.