Putting Poses into V2 "my outfits" folders

Pisa Fredriksson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

Pisa Fredriksson wrote:

I'm making many outfits for modeling and each one needs to have specific poses with it.

I'm unable to drop the poses into the folders. 

It will accept huds, but I can't make a new hud for every outfit.

Suggestions would be most appreciated.

You can't wear an animation.  You need to put it into a prim and then wear the prim.  Like the simple sexy walk that many retailers bundle with outfits.  Or the silly drunk animation that people put into beer glasses.  Wear the glass and stumble around like a drunk.   I think you might need a trigger script as well.  Not sure.  Been awhile since I played with adding animations to clothing.

--Cinn

Create a small prim, making it invisible, and set it to attach to some point that you don't use.  Put the pose in it with the script -- you can probably pull a script from another object.  Then put that prim inside of the outfit folder.  When you wear it, the script will activate the pose.

• Like 1

Just drop this script and an animation in a prim and wear it.

{
    attach(key id) {
        if (id != NULL_KEY) {
            llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
        }
    }

run_time_permissions(integer perm) {
        if (perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION) {
            llStartAnimation(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION, 0));
        }
    }
}

Your suggestion hasn't worked for me so far.

I'm going to go through step by step what I did for the benefit of other inept SL creators, such as I, and perhaps

we can all learn a lot.

1. I rezzed a building square, reduced it to the smallest possible size that I could still see.

2. Made it white by selecting the texture tab, clicking the texture box, then clicking the "blank" option underneath. (Once it was in place on

my body and I was certain that it would work, I was going to make it invisible by selecting a transparent texture from my inventory.)

3. I then opened the contents tab.  Dropped in the notecard of the script that I had copied and pasted from your post.  Then,

dropped in the pose.

4. I took the object into my inventory.

5. Selected "attach to left hip" because it was a free attachment spot.  Made certain that it was highlighted as "worn."

6. NOTHING HAPPENED BUT NEWBIE POSES.

I must have missed something somewhere.  Please help.

Hi Pisa,

You need to create a New Script and copy the script given into that.

Two ways you can create a new script.   One way, create a box.  Right click on the box and choose edit.  Click on the Content tab.   There you will see a New Script button.  Click on it and it will create a script called New Script and place it in the contents of the box.  Double click on New Script and it will open an edit window similar to the notecard editor.  Erase the script that's there and replace it with the one in this thread.   Save it and then copy your pose into the contents of the box as well.  The rest of the steps you have seem ok.

The other way to create a new script in in the Inventory window.  Open your inventory and you will see a + sign at the bottom.  Click that and choose New Script.  That will create a new script in inventory.  Double click to open it and follow the same steps listed above.  When finished, put the script and the pose into a box and follow the rest of the steps.

Hope the helps

--Cinn

Thanks to all who helped to answer this question.  I finally got it to work, using everyone's suggestions.

My problem now, is that the single pose looks very stiff and unnatural.  On the other hand, I don't want to

put a loop of poses into the garment, because this can cause poses at times,when one doesn't want them.

I can't afford to place a new hud in every outfit, so I'm going to have to look for another solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.