Can I change my Linden Home

Dany Mondalimare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Way at the begining of the Linden Home program, I got a home.  I dont like it.  I would like to change it.

1- How can I get rid of the home.

2- If I do relinquish ownership of that first home, am I still eligible to get another?

3- Will the normal process of getting a home be re-enabled in my Dashboard so I can get the home I want?

Thanks

Dany Mondalimare

10 answers to this question

Yes, select World > Place Profile > About Land and click Abandon land.

Be sure to remove all your items first before clicking that button.

Then go your Dashboard and follow the Linden Home link to choose another. Remember not all types/themes may be available. You can if you wish check first with an alt to see what is available before abandoning.

You can change your home up to 5 times in a 24-hour period.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Linden_Home/FAQ

Nyll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i have done all of this and it will still not let me pick a tahoe home. i just wanted a different home why is this so hard. i have been trying for three weeks to fhange this. Could someone do this for me. help me get a different home in tahoe. thank you kindly.

There's another option you might want to consider.  Instead of a Linden Home, you have the option to buy any Mainland parcel that's for sale (by another resident, or through an LL land auction).  If the parcel is 512 sq m or less, you won't pay a monthly tier fee on it.

In this way, you can get a piece of bare land on which to build anything you want.  The only downside is that, with Linden Homes, the house itself does not count against your 175 available prims.  On a vacant Mainland parcel, any house you build (or buy ready-made) does count against that prim limit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.